file access
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wifi / Secure Network

Post Wifi / Secure Network

Since there isn't much in this site about Wifi and sice i bought a new mobile phone that suports Wifi and most hotspots aren't free i was wondering if maybe some of you genious could tell how to break in one of those networks... i couldn't find anything out in the net, sorry if i wasted your time

Quote Originally Posted by jorgefabuloso
    Since there isn't much in this site about Wifi and sice i bought a new mobile phone that suports Wifi and most hotspots aren't free i was wondering if maybe some of you genious could tell how to break in one of those networks... i couldn't find anything out in the net, sorry if i wasted your time
    Cellphones will not be have the [processing & network] power OR programs written for them that have the capabilities to break WEP encryption, sniff the packets on the network, or all the other fun things you can do to people's wifi networks. If you purchased a phone for the sole purpose of wifi hacking, you wasted your *****.

If you are interested in these things, I s***est you buy/build an inexpensive laptop without windows loaded on to it, install any linux distro and wifi cracking programs, and then you have the necessary toolkit for the job.

tks, it wasn't my intention when i bought the phone, i bought it thinking about home and college wifi!
    now i'm more into bluethooth "hacking", trying to learn something, i already have a few stuff but nothing worked yet, but i think i'm doing nice
    if u are interested you can check this website [url]http://trifinite.org[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by jorgefabuloso
    tks, it wasn't my intention when i bought the phone, i bought it thinking about home and college wifi!
    now i'm more into bluethooth "hacking", trying to learn something, i already have a few stuff but nothing worked yet, but i think i'm doing nice
    if u are interested you can check this website [url]http://trifinite.org[/url]
    Well yes, bluetooth cracking IS something that phones perform well at. I've never tried it myself, but I have heard that there are a lot of cool things you can do by exploiting the bluetooth protocol, to manipulate other cellphones to browse their files, make them dial certain numbers, etc.

its harder than it looks but there's nothing like trying

if anhone else wants to share programs, websites or tuturials be my guest
    Last edited by jorgefabuloso; 07-13-2006 at 06:11 PM.

my friend moralexploit wrote an article on the subject (which someone on here ripped off) that you can find at informationleak.com/net under the hacking catagory. Probably more info in the appropriate section of the IL forums as well.

For the record, if the signals encrypted its probably wep. if its wep its probably 64bit hex. If its 64 bit hex its probably a phone number, especially if its a linksys. (the techs recommend using that) so start looking up phone numbers from the addresses in the signal range (figure 400 or so feet depending on signal strength) and you'll be surprised at your success rate. Its often helpful when users name their signal after their family. God bless clueless consumers and the good ol WRT54GS

of course, there are other ways to crack wireless as mentioned in the article I cited earlier.
    Last edited by Halla; 07-14-2006 at 02:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread