monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IE Closing on Invisionfree

IE Closing on Invisionfree

I have been searching for a solution to my problem and your ***rd came up in a google search. I do not see anything like this addressed here but I do see you all are very computer literate. I am hoping someone can help me.

I use internet explorer...I prefer it over mozilla...

For the past 2-* weeks my ie will shut down by itself on invisionfree ***rds. I frequent * invisionfree ***rds and it happens within *0 seconds on all of them. The ***rds are owned by different individuals. I have been on these ***rds for the past 2 years with no problem until recently. I can use the ***rds using mozilla.

I run adaware...ran housecalls yesterday...visited the invisionfree forum for help...to no avail...I have virus protection...

does anyone here have any idea what it might be? and/or how to correct it?

thank you...

Have you tried “HijackThis”? I ‘google’d it and it seems that others are having that same problem.
    Have you tried to repair IE?

I dunno, try that…

~Toast

Quote Originally Posted by ten***rd
    I have been searching for a solution to my problem and your ***rd came up in a google search. I do not see anything like this addressed here but I do see you all are very computer literate. I am hoping someone can help me.

I use internet explorer...I prefer it over mozilla...
    Have you even tried firefox? If you had, you would have seen it is a superior browser in all areas. Anything you think is good about IE7 has been available in other browsers for years, such as tabs. It's worth switching just to avoid all the malware script kiddies load their pages with to exploit IE. It is not worth them targeting only *0% of all internet users (firefox), even if firefox DID have the wealth of vulnerabilities IE has.

And if you try the "Some pages only display in IE" argument - that is only the fault of web designers following the non-standards-compliant features used in IE, not the fault of other browsers.

For the past 2-* weeks my ie will shut down by itself on invisionfree ***rds. I frequent * invisionfree ***rds and it happens within *0 seconds on all of them. The ***rds are owned by different individuals. I have been on these ***rds for the past 2 years with no problem until recently. I can use the ***rds using mozilla.

I run adaware...ran housecalls yesterday...visited the invisionfree forum for help...to no avail...I have virus protection...

does anyone here have any idea what it might be? and/or how to correct it?

thank you...
    This could be the fault of:
    • Some malware on your computer, searching IE's title bar for certain strings (such as those present in the invisionfree ***rds you mentioned), then closing it if it sees such a string. This is easily possible programatically, and I could make a program to do this in < 20 minutes.

• Some bug or glitch in IE's parsing of the page. I can say with **% certainty that this is the problem, since IE has so many bugs.

The solution? Switch to firefox. There is no reason not to - it even allows you to import your old bookmarks.

thank you for your responses...I appreciate you taking the time...

ie is closing now on other ***rds, also...when I restarted earlier I got a message saying that "Startup file does not exist...then something about Rundll*2.EXE...

I shall take your advice and use firefox from now on...I'm sure it is just a matter of getting use to it...

thank you!

ten

+ Reply to Thread