zabbix
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What tools do you use to monitor a network?

What tools do you use to monitor a network?

Hi,

Thanks

I tend to use Nagios and i have heard that it is probably the best tool to monitor the network.
    http://movie786.com/

the s***estion is good by i am looking for some more apt comments on the issue to make the choices more vivid and worthy to go with
    http://movie786.com/

Observium, Ganglia, Spiceworks, Nagios, Zabbix these are some good network monitoring tools. You can use these tools for a better result.

Cool Lots of options

There are a ton of monitoring products out there. You need to make a few decisions first:

*. What OS do you know best? It seems like this mostly comes down to Linux/Unix/OSX or Windows, though those are obviously not the only options.

If you like:

Linux: and you're very comfortable with scripts, config files, etc, the options given by others are great, namely Nagios, Zabbix, Monit, etc. Google for "Open Source Server Monitor List" and you'll see a large list.

Windows and/or don't want to spend time with scripts and configuration files, you could be better served with a commercial product. Those companies (like our sponsor in the ad at the top) invest their time and effort in making the tool much easier to use. Some of these options include PA Server Monitor, Paessler, Solar Winds Orion, GFI, etc.

2. The other question is Open Source or Commercial? This again depends on where you want to make your investment. Nothing is completely free - you generally will spend TIME with open source (*****ing down modules, configuring files and scripts, possibly installing/compiling), or spend ***** for a commercial product which generally will have more polish and take care of a lot of that for you.

Once you've answered #* and #2, we can give you more specific advice.

Thanks, great tips

Thanks for sharing brillent tips.

New monitor Tool

Hi, I s***est IT Asset Tool to monitor your Lan.
    It is a new simple software asset management!

The software is free and can help to ***** all Pc of your Network.
    You can find the software at http://www.it-asset-tool.com...
    Would be helpful to insert it into all-nettools.com!!
    Last edited by IAT; 07-30-2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: insert site!

Red face

IT Asset Tool - Is somewhat vague in what it really does.

The client site is a cmd console and the server doesn't run.

Yeah i'm agreed from Tribal it's a cmd base console and the server doesn't run.

Quote Originally Posted by TribalMP View Post
    IT Asset Tool - Is somewhat vague in what it really does.

The client site is a cmd console and the server doesn't run.

thanks for sharing the best tools for monitoring. have applied it in the last few months and it has worked great.

I use Observium.
    Observium (Figure A) is "an autodiscovering PHP/MySQL/SNMP-based network monitoring [tool]." It focuses on Linux, UNIX, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, Foundry, HP, and more. With Observium, you'll find detailed graphs and an incredibly easy-to-use interface. It can monitor a huge number of processes and systems. The only downside is a lack of auto alerts. But to make up for that, you can set Observium up alongside a tool like Nagios for up/down alerts.

Have learned from this forum about tools for monitoring network for the past weeks. I am using Microsoft Network Monitor. Its the best I could use. It is really handy for trouble shooting and can be best used with the VPN I am using.
    Last edited by mat1; 08-27-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Nagios is a capable system checking instrument that helps you to guarantee that your basic frameworks, applications and administrations are dependably up and running.

<a href="https://www.nimblemessaging.com">SMS Marketing Solutions</a>
    Last edited by kristibyrd; 03-04-2016 at 06:19 AM.

I'm more familiar with Nagios. It is one of the most widely use and its a free monitoring tool. I also consider it as one of the most powerful and flexible network monitors nowadays. Actually, there are other monitoring tools that you may choose like Zabbix , Spiceworks and Ganglia.

+ Reply to Thread