xymon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What tools do you use to monitor a network?

worldpress

I usually use Wordpress to do it well,espically sitemap.Hoping you can get help.
    Doing myself well,learning international advice to update my skills,finding sexy chinese bride to live wonderfully and blissfully.

I use pftop, tcpdump, and on occasion, Wireshark.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesites View Post
    I usually use Wordpress to do it well,espically sitemap.Hoping you can get help.
    Would you mind explaining how you use Wordpress, blogging and site content management software, and sitemap, a tool to assist search engines index your site, to monitor a network?

Quote Originally Posted by kaufen View Post
    Observium (Figure A) is "an autodiscovering PHP/MySQL/SNMP-based network monitoring [tool]." It focuses on Linux, UNIX, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, Foundry, HP, and more. With Observium, you'll find detailed graphs and an incredibly easy-to-use interface. It can monitor a huge number of processes and systems. The only downside is a lack of auto alerts. But to make up for that, you can set Observium up alongside a tool like Nagios for up/down alerts.
    "Observium (Figure A) is "an autodiscovering PHP/MySQL/SNMP-based network monitoring [tool]." It focuses on Linux, UNIX, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, Foundry, HP, and more. With Observium, you'll find detailed graphs and an incredibly easy-to-use interface. It can monitor a huge number of processes and systems. The only downside is a lack of auto alerts. But to make up for that, you can set Observium up alongside a tool like Nagios for up/down alerts."

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-free-network-monitoring-tools/

Figure A? Why didn't you steal their image along with their post?

Almost every post you've made here since joining has been from an article or post someone else made on another site without acknowledging the original author.

Nagios is my favorite tool for monitoring. It can monitor web servers,services,hosts and so on. It is highly customizable and there are lot plugins available for various purpose.

Some features of nagios:

Monitor network services (SMTP, POP*, HTTP, NNTP, PING, etc.)
    Monitor host resources (processor load, disk usage, etc.)
    Allow for simple plugin design
    Do parallelized service checks
    Define a network host hierarchy using
    Contact administrators when service or host problems occur
    Define event handlers to be run during service or host events for proactive problem resolution
    Automated log file rotation
    Support the implementation of redundant monitoring hosts
    Offer an optional web interface for viewing current network status, notification and problem history, log file, etc

Quote Originally Posted by kaufen View Post
    Nagios is my favorite tool for monitoring. It can monitor web servers,services,hosts and so on. It is highly customizable and there are lot plugins available for various purpose.

Some features of nagios:

Monitor network services (SMTP, POP*, HTTP, NNTP, PING, etc.)
    Monitor host resources (processor load, disk usage, etc.)
    Allow for simple plugin design
    Do parallelized service checks
    Define a network host hierarchy using
    Contact administrators when service or host problems occur
    Define event handlers to be run during service or host events for proactive problem resolution
    Automated log file rotation
    Support the implementation of redundant monitoring hosts
    Offer an optional web interface for viewing current network status, notification and problem history, log file, etc
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/**07/what-tools-do-you-use-to-monitor-a-web-server/220*05
    http://freebsdesktop.org

Noticed Nagios as your top 2 pick for open Networking Monitors. Nagios is very reliable and gets the job done, but can often be extremely noisy. I would take a look at BigPanda’s alert correlation engine for Nagios which helps suppress the noise and reduce MTTR.

Thanks for the help

I would also want to read more and more comments to get help

wow

thanks guys for the tips .

Observium, Ganglia, Spiceworks, Nagios, Zabbix

+ Reply to Thread