hyperic
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General Purpose Advice on computing/programming/hacking

General Purpose Advice on computing/programming/hacking

Ok all,

I have a basic knowledge of the interent and windows, by all means i am a pure noob - not even sure if i qualify for a script kiddy.

It started when my mate showed me prorat, since then i experimented a bit with prorat and the servers and have had a few results, but i have become more interested in computing in general.

I decided i want to learn more but the biggest question for me is; 'where do i start'?

I have read quite a few threads in rohitab and it seems that there are people on here who know loads about what i want to know! the thing is, whenever i try to start at the bottom and find basic information, i get lead astray and end up gettin confused in lots of more advanced lingo.

Some people mention learning a computer language, which sounds simpke to them but the thing is; i dont know the definition of computer language, dont know which to learn or where to start learning. I get frustrated and begin thinking, maybe its too late for me to start learning, theres too much to catch up on.

Ive been reading on pascal, apparently its a very old, basic computing language, but i am aware i could use a compiler to write a script which can spam chat lobbys with a link to my uploaded prorat server. I dont even know where to start on that, am i reading too much into it? looking in the wrong places?

What i would like is some advice from you guys who know what you are doing, about what exactly you do, how you started, and how do you think someone in my position should begin learning ect ect.

I dont want a days guide to being a hacker, im *8 so have plenty of time to study, also i do actually want to learn and am not just after a shortcut.

Your expertise would be much appreciated folks, if you could PM me or email at [email]ellis_*0@hotmail.com[/email] it would be much appreciated, cheers!

IM no expert in hacking program etc but slowly slowly i catch up on some stuf,like latly ive been learning scripting for this game called "samp"(san andreas multiplayer) and ive learnt alot of functions codes etc tht are used in other scripts needed for program etc,anyway..i s***est you find some tutorials on the internet and start reading them no need to rush u still have time if you say your *8,if your realy interested in programming etc try take a course of html (web design) because ive heard that you learn alot of the codes for C++ from html and you will find programming easier...well its your choice hope i helped

Quote Originally Posted by average_joe
    Ok all,

I have a basic knowledge of the interent and windows, by all means i am a pure noob - not even sure if i qualify for a script kiddy.
    Script kiddies are people who use other people's programs without knowing or caring about how they work. The word 'newbie' just implies that you are new at something; 'n00b' is a slightly more insulting way of saying the same thing.

So in other words, there's a difference, and being a script kiddy is far worse.

It started when my mate showed me prorat, since then i experimented a bit with prorat and the servers and have had a few results, but i have become more interested in computing in general.

I decided i want to learn more but the biggest question for me is; 'where do i start'?

I have read quite a few threads in rohitab and it seems that there are people on here who know loads about what i want to know! the thing is, whenever i try to start at the bottom and find basic information, i get lead astray and end up gettin confused in lots of more advanced lingo.
    Learning about computers is like learning English when you are first born. There's no easy, defined path you can take where everything's neatly explained for you - you just pick up knowledge as you go on and eventually you learn more and more. If you constantly hear English, you begin to speak it; if you constantly read computer related information, you learn it.

You say you get confused by 'advanced lingo', but that's only because you're unfamiliar with it. Do you think the people on Rohitab were born with knowledge in computers? They were once the same as you, and they only know what they know because they have spent time learning it.

You may not think you are learning if you just spend time reading forums and random tutorials, but if you spend enough time around knowledgeable people on forums and reading what they write, you become more familiar with the subjects. It may seem boring at times and going nowhere, but it's a slow process.

There is no one-place where you can start; you just have to keep reading whatever you can find on subjects.

Some people mention learning a computer language, which sounds simpke to them but the thing is; i dont know the definition of computer language, dont know which to learn or where to start learning. I get frustrated and begin thinking, maybe its too late for me to start learning, theres too much to catch up on.
    A 'computer language' could mean either a scripting or a programming language. Both are ways of instructing a computer on what you want it to do. Website languages are usually the best to start with - HTML, XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, maybe some server scripting languages like PHP, PERL, ASP, and then a programming language like C/C++ - that is a good order to learn languages in. Start reading [URL="http://www.w*schools.com/"]this website[/URL].

Ive been reading on pascal, apparently its a very old, basic computing language, but i am aware i could use a compiler to write a script which can spam chat lobbys with a link to my uploaded prorat server. I dont even know where to start on that, am i reading too much into it? looking in the wrong places?
    Any language is good, but pascal is old and doesn't have much support and tutorials as others do. Like I said before, it's best to begin with some simple website scripting languages.

What i would like is some advice from you guys who know what you are doing, about what exactly you do, how you started, and how do you think someone in my position should begin learning ect ect.
    Most of us began by reading forums just like this, tutorials, and other articles, without much (or any) knowledge in computers. From forums you gain knowledge and links to follow.

I dont want a days guide to being a hacker, im *8 so have plenty of time to study, also i do actually want to learn and am not just after a shortcut.

Your expertise would be much appreciated folks, if you could PM me or email at [email]ellis_*0@hotmail.com[/email] it would be much appreciated, cheers!
    I think I added you to MSN, so if you got any questions, you know where I am.

+ Reply to Thread