mrtg
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change IP to proxy. Can you still get caught?

Change IP to proxy. Can you still get caught?

Hey guys i heard alot of different things like i am wondering if i change my IP to a proxy and it says another country or another state on cmyip and i do something illegal can i still get trace down by the FBI? Can the FBI still trace me down? I am not saying what but if i do can i?

i know another way you can change ur ip from control pannel very simple it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighomedog**
    Hey guys i heard alot of different things like i am wondering if i change my IP to a proxy and it says another country or another state on cmyip and i do something illegal can i still get trace down by the FBI? Can the FBI still trace me down? I am not saying what but if i do can i?
    Haha, what are you doing, sending trojans to your friends? Trust me, the government has bigger things to deal with than small things like that, what millions of people already do.

If you use a secure and properly configured proxy, you are still not safe. For all you know, the admin of that proxy could be stealing passwords that pass across it, he could be logging everything, etc. Only use a proxy which you know doesn't keep logs and is secure. Use tor, on somebody else's wifi - doing illegal stuff on your home connection is not smart.

What are you doing that's so illegal anyway?

i know another way you can change ur ip from control pannel very simple it worked for me.
    If you 'change your IP', it will just be a different address in your ISP's block of allocated addresses. This means it leads directly back to you just as much as the previous one.

safest bet these days is to find an unsecure wireless AP, spoof your Mac, connect, and go to town. Use a Windows operating system, internet explorer under the default resolution, disable cookies, temp files, browser history, etc and Voila! You've just become Joe Nobody.

The only traceable information at that point would be the general location and the time so if you arent noticed or video taped, tough shit for the trace.

That is to say that you can still be traced, but it wont come back to YOU.
    .. or shouldnt as long as you arent dumb enough to use your neighbors signal or something.

I use this tool [url]http://daytonasystem.net/testmyip[/url] and I am sure I am on the safe side! FBI just kiss my ass....

Quote Originally Posted by Bighomedog**

A normal anonymous proxy server is not enough.
    It is because your connection between your computer and the proxy server is not secure. If the FBI really find someone doing serious illegal things from a foreign proxy, FBI may try to monitor all information from the State to that proxy and hence find you.
    You need to connect to a secure proxy server, or a VPN server which has encryption between your computer and the proxy server.
    However, most of them is not free.
    You can try this
    [URL="http://www.privacyconnector.com"]http://www.privacyconnector.com[/URL]
    It is free now, but the speed is very slow...
    PS : I don't think you will interest FBI if you just download some files, music, warez from the internet.

+ Reply to Thread