file auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ad Free Website...!!

Ad Free Website...!!

Dose anyone know some address of free websites where no ad will be shown on top / bottom of the webpage..?

I mean, if I create a website, I don't want to see any kind of ad from that host site.

Quote Originally Posted by wxyz
    Dose anyone know some address of free websites where no ad will be shown on top / bottom of the webpage..?
    Why would anyone run such a service? They've got to pay for the server, bandwidth, employees, and other costs somehow; so ads are something you've got to accept when using free hosting services. It is unrealistic to expect everything to be free.

I mean, if I create a website, I don't want to see any kind of ad from that host site.
    If you have such high standards, pay for the hosting. If you want something for free, you simply have to accept what you're given.

Note: Post goes off-topic after this point. Continue at your own risk.

But the fact of the matter is - */*0 of personal websites are useless bloat that nobody will ever want to visit. People go to websites for content, so consider if you actually have content before making a site. Original tutorials, programs, tools, documents, products, etc count as content. Pictures of your dog, stolen programs, stolen tutorials, and all blogs do not count as content. So don't create a website just to say "I have a website" to your friends; create one if you actually have something interesting to share (and can actually write), and thus save the internet from the endless freewebs/geocities pages. You know what i'm talking about,
    • "This page is under construction" pages.
    • Free counters.
    • "Page best viewed in __ browser."
    • "Sign my guestbook!"
    • "Check out the download section for the coolest files! Like they're just not available on their original site with *0x the bandwidth."
    • "This user has exceeded their bandwidth limit."
    • Etc.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 09-08-2006 at 05:39 PM.

good point @ mike.

I believe that a free site that ghives you ads at the bottom is ideal, as you can just add a few hundred <br> tags and push them WAY down the page and thats often that.
    I cite oddworldz.com as a working example but Im sure (and hope) there are other services (hopefully better) that can be used in the same manner.

+ Reply to Thread