zabbix
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tor And a GOOD IRC network/channel

Tor And a GOOD IRC network/channel

Hey guys I got Tor. Is that a good program to use to hide my IP i live in the USA though but if i am doing something illegal can i still get trace down using Tor? And do they record the IP's? I am also wondering whats a GOOD IRC channel/sever that talks about hacking and stuff. If anybody knows ones or owns ones with a good amount of members let me know.
    THanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bighomedog**
    Hey guys I got Tor. Is that a good program to use to hide my IP i live in the USA though but if i am doing something illegal can i still get trace down using Tor? And do they record the IP's?
    I think the tor program itself clearly advises you on this subject:

This is experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity.

Tor encrypts most of the points of the connection and presumably doesn't keep logs on exit nodes (or any other points), but it is far from secure enough if you've got something real bad to hide. Determined people will find ways to ***** you down, so it's best to combine tor with someone else's wifi (not neighbors, idiots).

Tor is designed for anonymity, so you can feel pretty safe when using it. But as a general rule, don't do illegal things from your home connection, however good your proxy is.

I am also wondering whats a GOOD IRC channel/sever that talks about hacking and stuff. If anybody knows ones or owns ones with a good amount of members let me know.
    THanks
    Generally, people don't like you leeching information from IRC channels without contributing at all. This is why websites are for learning, IRC is for discussing. Nobody is going to personally teach you hacking.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 09-08-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Oh alright. All the wifi in my area are like Locked soo i cant connect onto them. And ya i dont wont to learn how to hack. I am just wondering will this hide me for i wont be able to get Trace down. But you said its for test expirments soo i bet its not that good to do Really bad things. but i might get on MSN tomorrow idk. But ya I PM you back. But what are some programs I can use to hide myself good? That does not note down the IP and stuff?

Oh alright. All the wifi in my area are like Locked soo i cant connect onto them.
    If by 'locked' you mean they use WEP encryption, they really aren't locked to anybody with the right tools.

And ya i dont wont to learn how to hack. I am just wondering will this hide me for i wont be able to get Trace down. But you said its for test expirments soo i bet its not that good to do Really bad things. but i might get on MSN tomorrow idk. But ya I PM you back. But what are some programs I can use to hide myself good? That does not note down the IP and stuff?
    Tor is what you should be using for anonymity - it's the best you're going to find. But for anything illegal, do it from somebody else's connection AND tor. Doing illegal stuff from your home connection is just dumb.

Alright thanks. Is there away I can get connect onto there network? Because if i try to it says Enter a password and stuff but I dont got there password so i cant

Alright thanks. Is there away I can get connect onto there network? Because if i try to it says Enter a password and stuff but I dont got there password so i cant
    You have to use certain programs to collect packets from the network and crack the password. WEP is crackable, WPA is a lot harder to break. I s***est you google for "wep cracking tutorials".

irc.2600.net | #infoleak

[url]http://www.informationleak.net/wireless.txt[/url]

not a bad start

+ Reply to Thread