Closed Thread

Thread: Getting someone's IP-address from an instant messenger

Getting someone's IP-address from an instant messenger

How do you get an IP-address from someone you are chatting with
    on a instant messenger like Yahoo,MSN ?

Quote Originally Posted by wimbalesto
    How do you get an IP-address from someone you are chatting with
    on a instant messenger like Yahoo,MSN ?
    Open up command prompt, type netstat -n, and see results. Open up another command prompt, start a file transfer with the victim, and type netstat -n into the new window. Look down the bottom for one extra IP address since the first command you entered - that is their IP address.

Start -> Run -> cmd

That is how to open a command prompt, if you didn't know.

OR, there are many other ways to get IP addresses, since they are a number required for all connections between two computers. But the netstat & file transfer combination seems to be the most popular.

I think those netstat methods may be outdated as they often connect through the services server now... so they easiest way to do it in my opinion is to make a picture or something, upload it to your server, and link them to it. Once they view it, check the logs and Voila! you have their IP.

easier yet, get them to email you, then open your advanced mail display settings, originating IP, bingo

help!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlenus
    easier yet, get them to email you, then open your advanced mail display settings, originating IP, bingo
    How to open those advanced mail display settings ! (((((((((((((((((((((((

Quote Originally Posted by nela

How to open those advanced mail display settings ! (((((((((((((((((((((((
    It depends on what webmail service or email client you use, but it's usually located in the options under 'show advanced headers' or similar.

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    It depends on what webmail service or email client you use, but it's usually located in the options under 'show advanced headers' or similar.
    am using msn(hotmail) ..
    i w'd look stupid, but even here those 'show advanced headers' or anyfing similiar i havent got on the page with message .. maybe just hotmail dosent have this option.....

Quote Originally Posted by nela
    am using msn(hotmail) ..
    i w'd look stupid, but even here those 'show advanced headers' or anyfing similiar i havent got on the page with message .. maybe just hotmail dosent have this option.....
    For Hotmail:

Once logged in, go to 'options'. Then on the mail tab, click on 'mail display settings'.

In the middle of the screen should be a heading called 'Message Headers'. Click the radio button for 'advanced', then hit ok down the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    For Hotmail:

Once logged in, go to 'options'. Then on the mail tab, click on 'mail display settings'.

In the middle of the screen should be a heading called 'Message Headers'. Click the radio button for 'advanced', then hit ok down the bottom.
    Mike! Thanks a lot! i got the IP! yay!!!
    and thanks that you've wrote all in details about how to open those settings and all ! ..!!

I got you all beat.

I have this legit program, paid for, non virus, completly legal and non harmful by any means to the users or recievers computer.
    Here is a screen shot of what it tells me.

To [email]info@boyrules.com[/email] October 25, 2006 **:57 October 25, 2006 **:*2
    Times Read: *
    Times Forwarded: 0
    Read duration: * sec
    Recipient IP: 5*.*5.*6*.**5
    Recipient Language: en-us
    Recipient Location: IN, 24, Jaipur, "NIB (National Internet Backbone)"
    Recipient Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.*; SV*)

.............................................................................................
    You have to tell this program what email you want it to say its sent from.
    How stupid huh, I like to call my friends and tell them to check there email and see if they sent themselves an email.
    Then after they read it, (it tells me when they do) I can go in and change what the email says.
    They re***** there browser and the message changes right before there eyes.
    Then, I can hit delete and if they try to read the content of the email it only says "This email has been deleted." Another option is to have it self delete after one read, * day, or one week, can also pass attachments as well.
    This program also tells you how many times your email has been forwarded and where it went.

With a little common sense you can learn a lot from this like, did this person realy read my email?
    It was only 5 words so yeah probably.
    But if I had written a paragraph then probably not, why, maybe they are just harvesting my email address.
    The only thing this program doesn't tell you is if they deleted the email on there end.
    There is also a fancy Certified and an Official mode, its just added ways that they open up the email and claim they are the correct recepient.
    Now is that the shiznit or what?

............................................................................................
    I would like to capture cookies from people looking at my myspace page. I already have a statistics counter but I'm more interested in figuring out in more detail who it is.Unfortunatly an ip address doesn't give you a name.
    Can anyone help me? Can someone direct me some where that I can get an easy drop in?
    I found one site that explained how to write your own but I'm not that smart.

Crawling in through yahoo messenger

There are proggys that can grab and decode cookies from yahoo messenger and I have had them before. They all seem to have a time limit on them as they stop working, I don't know why that is. You go to open them up one day and they are missing an ocx file and you just get an error.
    .................................................................................................... .....
    Here is one that will perk your interest. On this site (which I don't condone) [url]www.boyrules.com[/url] you will see they offer this program called Generation x.
    Boy that would just be an end to all of your yahoo questions wouldn't it.
    I paid $60 for it 2 different times (one never billed me) and I got taken.
    I don't think its possible what that program does.
    If anyone knows different please advise.

hey i need some help how do u find someones ip if u cant send them a file and cant get them to send u an email

Quote Originally Posted by flowersrainbow* View Post
    hey i need some help how do u find someones ip if u cant send them a file and cant get them to send u an email
    [url]http://www.all-nettools.com/forum/search.php[/url]

Closed Thread