mrtg
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spectating someones desktop

Spectating someones desktop

is it actually possible to spectate someone elses desktop as though it were your own and see real time what was taking place? someone once claimed they could do that with me but they already knew what i was doing anyways. if you know their IP what would you do from there?

Yes it is possible. School's use it....
    Mike or someone can answer the second part. Srry, I had to run..
    T

basically to the point, i want to see a specific someones desktop at a given time when they are online. i have the IP

I am not a genius

I am not a computer genius as many other posters are, however I do know enough that you are going to have to install either a trojan or if they have a remote program such as pc anywhere, you will have to have admin rights on their network. So, having someone's ip is not that big of a deal. Just my $.02. Maybe Mike or Halla can help you with better advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlenus
    basically to the point, i want to see a specific someones desktop at a given time when they are online. i have the IP
    Well then, you would have to install a remote administration tool on their computer and connect to it. You can get 'legitimate' remote administration tools (I suppose windows remote desktop would be in this category), and of course there are trojans like subseven, netbus, etc. Whatever program you decide upon, the victim will have to install the software on their computer - there is no way to just connect to their IP address unless they already have such a server running.

But most home connections don't have the bandwidth to stream a whole desktop across the internet, so with any tool like I mentioned, you can either view at a much reduced resolution, or have screen-grabs at *-8 second intervals.

+ Reply to Thread