rrdtool
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what to do with the IP....

Arrow what to do with the IP....

ok so theres alot of stuff on here about how to get an IP, well thats the easy part considering how much info there is on how to do it, but once you've got the IP, what can i do with it? any s***estions

chuurs

well

Well, usually you would download a port scanner (or make your own). Then you would scan the IP owner's ports to see which ones are open. Here is a site to see what each port does.

[URL="http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers"]http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers[/URL]

Hopefully, the person will have a port open that is vulnerable to attack. Then you should use a proxy so you don't get caught, then use the open port to your advantage, however you can.

Or you can opt to try a Ping 'o Death attack.

It's also worth noting that most home windows users are behind a router and forward no ports, effectively making port scanning useless.

However, these dumb home users also leave their routers accessible remotely on the web interface and don't change the default password, so it's easy enough to place their machine on the DMZ and have access to all the windows services and server programs they have listening. UPnP is another weakness in routers, although I never have researched it.

So unless you want to get your hands dirty with their routers' settings, port scanning isn't going to do a lot unless they specifically decide to expose themselves, they use a cable modem, or they use dial-up.

cheers guys for the s***estions, i'll try some of them and see what i can do "

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_crawler View Post
    ok so theres alot of stuff on here about how to get an IP, well thats the easy part considering how much info there is on how to do it, but once you've got the IP, what can i do with it? any s***estions

chuurs

You can hide your personal details in whois database by hiding your IP address. And also you can know the country, ISP address, Ip locationb, latitude and longitude, domain name/host name and personal details like name, email address, phone number etc, using IP address. To know the information about your IP address visit the site Ip-details.com .

re:

Quote Originally Posted by joni View Post
    You can hide your personal details in whois database by hiding your IP address. And also you can know the country, ISP address, Ip locationb, latitude and longitude, domain name/host name and personal details like name, email address, phone number etc, using IP address. To know the information about your IP address visit the site Ip-details.com .
    Hide IP using a proxy server, is that correct?

the person will have a port open that is vulnerable to attack. Then you should use a proxy so you don't get caught, then use the open port to your advantage, however you can.
    Last edited by gordo; 03-20-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Re:

Yay! Okay, thanks for the wonderful tips. Will definitely check these out.

Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread