Quote Originally Posted by stl_rn
I'm learning Python. I have never programed anything before except my watch and car radio. I heard that Python was simple to learn programmming with.
Is it capable of writing powerful programs? Does anyone know it limitations?
Could Python make the same program that C+,C++, or C could make?
I want to make all sorts of programs from keyloggers to Antivirus/Spyware/Adware Software to other usefull programs. Is Python able to make such programs possible or do I need to learn a new lanuage? Thanks for your help!!!
Python is an interpreted language. In that way, it can never be as powerful or fast as a compiled language like c/c++.

Python is good as a beginner's language because it is a lot simpler than other languages. It also can be used to do most of the things more advanced languages do.

However, you shouldn't stick with python for your whole programming life, for several reasons:
  • Everyone who runs your 'program' has to have the python interpreter.

• It is slower than compiled languages.

• I don't know how good it's integration into the windows API is.

Once you've got good at programming, you should move on to a language like C, C++, or even assembly. These are the most powerful tools for programming and have huge user bases and communities surrounding them. Most programming for windows and *nix systems is done in either C or C++, and that is what all the manuals and tutorials are designed for.

But most people can't understand advanced languages without prior knowledge, so stick with python until you learn more.

For the most part, Python has very few limitations, or limitations that make little difference unless your trying to program a huge complex program, like an OS.
Actually, operating systems are written in Assembly initially. Computers only understand binary machine code, so you have to work in Assembly until you can create a compiler for your operating system. Any sort of programming language is only available for use on an OS when you have a way of converting it to data that the computer understands.