opennms
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very awesome Java

Very awesome Java

Paste this script in your url bar-
    javascript:R=0; x*=.*; y*=.05; x2=*000; y2=.24; x*=*.6; y*=.24;x4=*00; y4=200; x5=*00; y5=200; DI=document.images; DIL=DI.length;function A(){for(i=0; i<DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style;DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=Math.sin(R*x*+i*x2+x*)*x4+x5;DIS.top=Math .cos(R*y*+i*y2+y*)*y4+y5}R++ }setInterval('A()',5); void(0)

Very cool. Not my code its "Undertaker". It works in some version of IE. I dont think it works in firefox....

Toast
    Last edited by toast; 10-13-2006 at 08:18 PM.

--wow-- awesome
    7h* L**7*57 c4n7 h4ck m*!
    Proud to have quit playing ®µÑȧ©ÅÞË

If you write like a semi-literate boob you will very likely be ignored.
    Writing like a l**t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute l**t*st way to write!
    L0L

wow

Lol. too trippy

toast, do you know a site that gives info on javascript things like that that go in the URL bar?

I know a cool thing to do. Type in URL bar.

javascript:alert("MESSAGE HERE")

That gives one of those error messages. Looks totally real. I used it once on a school computer while the kid using it was gone. They shut it down and chkdsk the computer to make sure it was safe, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbat
    used it once on a school computer while the kid using it was gone. They shut it down and chkdsk the computer to make sure it was safe, lol.
    haha i gotta try that hehehe....i got alot of chumps in my computer class
    7h* L**7*57 c4n7 h4ck m*!
    Proud to have quit playing ®µÑȧ©ÅÞË

If you write like a semi-literate boob you will very likely be ignored.
    Writing like a l**t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute l**t*st way to write!
    L0L

Does everyone here use IE? I guess everyone must like daily malware infections and no tabbed browsing...

Lol. too trippy

toast, do you know a site that gives info on javascript things like that that go in the URL bar?
    Any javascript can be placed in the address bar - it evaluates it as it would when normally embedded in a page. You can do anything with URL javascript, such as open new windows, close window, bring up alert boxes, etc.

But most URL javascript must be placed inside the void() function because of something about how return values affect the browser... The alert() function is ok because it doesn't return a value. For example:

javascript:void(alert('a'));

IE 7 has tabbed browsing. I like using IE because lots of web designers make sure their sites are compatible with IE and forget about other browsers like firefox, opera, etc. If I'm browing sites that might be harmful I just turn off active scripting and i'm fine.

You cant view [url=http://boninroad.com/test/meta.php]THIS[/url] in firefox and how exciting would life be without being able to view white boxes floating around in your browser at different frequencies!
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/services.php]Speed Up Windows XP[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/ip.php]Get An Ip Address[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/base_converter.php]Base Converter[/url]
    --------------------------------
    [URL=http://www.boninroad.com/syntax******/]Old Site[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.syntax******.info]Comming Soon[/URL]

Nope, cant help ya there.

Toast

I like using IE because lots of web designers make sure their sites are compatible with IE and forget about other browsers like firefox, opera, etc.
    The only sites which work only in IE are those which are designed using some non standards-compliant features of IE. If it followed the rules, everything would be compatible. If a site only works in IE, it shows that the designer doesn't know too much about web design. IE is the problem.

It has got so bad that entire blocks of javascript have to be written twice differently - one block for the 'real' browsers (FF, Opera), and one which is written according to the way IE works. This is particularly evident in pages that use AJAX. Like:

if(ie)
    {
    IE code here.
    }
    else if(other)
    {
    FF/Opera/other code here
    }

If I'm browing sites that might be harmful I just turn off active scripting and i'm fine.
    Yeah, but sometimes you don't know when you'll stumble upon a malicious site.

I just don't know why people are so loyal to Microsoft. Just because it's default doesn't mean it's better. What would you rather have:
    • Constant threat of malicious code.
    • No tabbed browsing in < IE7.
    • Popups and ads.
    • Browser helper objects, activex and other web-bloat.
    • 'View source' puts page source in notepad which is hard to read AND can't display code correctly which was written on *nix systems due to windows using \r\n and *nix using \n. And most websites were written on unix like systems.

OR:
    • Virtually no exploits targeted at you.
    • Ads blocked by adblock.
    • Flashblock to disable annoying flash pages (flash sucks).
    • Quick javascript on/off for easy disabling of java & JS on untrusted pages.
    • Many other useful extensions like switchproxy.
    • Image zoom.
    • Download manager.
    • Quick private data clearer.
    • Syntax highlighting in 'view page source'.
    • RSS support.
    • Automatic updating.
    • Filterset.G
    • Cookie editor.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 10-12-2006 at 05:02 PM.

People actually use IE? I used IE back when I first had a computer but then I discovered firefox, which works a lot better than IE. Plus, who likes Microsoft, anyways?

Microsoft Bashing? At least leave give us your educating opinion tocksarcle. I am open minded about all things. I do not have a * favorite browser but I do pick favorites depending on the situations.

General Browsing - IE Wins
    When someone creates a web page, novice or expert, it will (**%) of the time look correct in IE. Why browse the web with software that cant view webpages like the author intended? I know w*w and ie conflict in situations, but thats not the point here. My goal when doing "general browsing" is to browse the web and view content like the author expects me to view. So why IE? IE owns the largest part of the browsing share, so web******s would be ludicrous to design a website that looks great in any other browser than IE. Again experienced web******s will follow guidelines to make pages look the same in every browser, but that is not the point here. The point is I want to lay back, pour a nice crown & coke, and browse the web. I find that I can do this best in IE. - [url=http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/**/ie-7-vs-firefox-*5-vs-opera-*-gap-is.html]Reference[/url]

Search Engine Analysis - Opera Wins
    When I'm comparing algorithms and formulas for search engine optimization I will use Opera. I like the different style layouts that come standard. These really help spotting phonetic pattern placement, structured word positioning & repetition, all while viewing exactly what the spider sees... This is how I rank #* for over *00 keywords on google, yahoo, & msn.

FireFox
    I really have not formed an opinion of firefox yet. The times that I did try and use it, I noticed the amount of content I could not view, plug-ins that I needed to install, etc... so i called it quits early. I know its open source, you can create your own gadgets, and maybe someday I will. For now, I'm sticking to IE and Opera.

For those of you who bash Microsoft for Security - Open your eyes

The only big difference between IE/Firefox is that IE is tied in with your OS, Firefox is not. Yes, it would seem like a huge security gap but its not at all. Microsoft now comes with most of these potential targets disabled by default which I think will hurt their business in the short run, but greatly help them in the long run. Short run: RTFM's are still out there. Over time they will adapt to the technology, but most of the market share is clueless! Most of the current market still have the "if it doesnt work when you click, its broken" mentality. The new generation of people understand these concepts but guess what? They have no ***** yet, so they are not a target. Open your eyes and look at the whole picture. Hackers have almost ZERO reasons to target firefox. Open your eyes to the XY generations & do a little research. Keep the same code, firefox now has 80-*0% of the market share, IE is in the place of firefox. Guess what? Firefox would have hundreds of holes, release multiple patches a month, etc...

Finally a topic worth discussing!

I can agree with the fact that MS isn't the only developer with bugs/vulnerabilities. Uneducated people always say "I use Firefox because IE has many of exploits for it and Firefox has 0", but the fact of the matter is Firefox has just as many bugs as IE; maybe even more on some periods of time.

But the thing what makes FF better in the security area is that less than *0% of exploits are targeted at Firefox because only around *0% of the population actually use it. It is pointless to exploit *0% of your victims, so they go for the majority leaving FF users safe. Also, Firefox makes it really easy to disable java and javascript on malicious pages, while IE forces the user to traverse a lengthy set of menus to reach that check box. And it uses some ambiguous names to try to please the dumb users that are afraid of words like 'javascript'. Firefox has a simple check box for 'Enable java' and 'Enable javascript'.

All this is irrelevant though, because Firefox undoubtedly offers the best browsing experience. Microsoft is paid to make a browser and so will do as much is necessary to have a functional browser for their OS. Firefox is developed by people who mostly donate their own free time to make the browser better, and are enthusiastic toward the development. They listen to the community more for new features and are quicker to create updates. The amount of sites that don't work in on-IE browsers is negligible, and not enough to form a decision to stick with IE.

Quote Originally Posted by SyntaX******
    Microsoft Bashing? At least leave give us your educating opinion tocksarcle. I am open minded about all things. I do not have a * favorite browser but I do pick favorites depending on the situations.
    I agree that blind Microsoft bashing is wrong, but so is being loyal to a product just because it's what you're used to.

General Browsing - IE Wins
    When someone creates a web page, novice or expert, it will (**%) of the time look correct in IE. Why browse the web with software that cant view webpages like the author intended? I know w*w and ie conflict in situations, but thats not the point here. My goal when doing "general browsing" is to browse the web and view content like the author expects me to view. So why IE? IE owns the largest part of the browsing share, so web******s would be ludicrous to design a website that looks great in any other browser than IE. Again experienced web******s will follow guidelines to make pages look the same in every browser, but that is not the point here. The point is I want to lay back, pour a nice crown & coke, and browse the web. I find that I can do this best in IE. - [url=http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/**/ie-7-vs-firefox-*5-vs-opera-*-gap-is.html]Reference[/url]
    Most if not all professional websites are designed according to web standards. This doesn't mean conforming to some obscure undocumented IE functionality. Most professional web designers actually use unix like systems to do their work and only test things in IE as a secondary objective, then they add some javascript and css hacks to get IE to display correctly. Most web designers will use a browser that conforms to standards. Most professional websites run from Apache on unix like systems, coded in an open language like PHP.

And in response to [URL="http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/**/ie-7-vs-firefox-*5-vs-opera-*-gap-is.html"]this[/URL] link, an argument that IE now has the same functionality as other browsers is flawed, because the other browsers had them first and IE is only now catching up because of community pressure.

FireFox
    I really have not formed an opinion of firefox yet. The times that I did try and use it, I noticed the amount of content I could not view, plug-ins that I needed to install, etc... so i called it quits early. I know its open source, you can create your own gadgets, and maybe someday I will. For now, I'm sticking to IE and Opera.
    Since installing firefox, I have only come across about * pages which only display correctly in IE. Yes, and those were all on the microsoft.com domain. As I said earlier good web designers follow the standards, and the only people that create pages which only work in IE are either going out of their way to lock out anything but their proprietary browser (microsoft.com), or just bad web designers.

For those of you who bash Microsoft for Security - Open your eyes

The only big difference between IE/Firefox is that IE is tied in with your OS, Firefox is not. Yes, it would seem like a huge security gap but its not at all. Microsoft now comes with most of these potential targets disabled by default which I think will hurt their business in the short run, but greatly help them in the long run. Short run: RTFM's are still out there. Over time they will adapt to the technology, but most of the market share is clueless! Most of the current market still have the "if it doesnt work when you click, its broken" mentality. The new generation of people understand these concepts but guess what? They have no ***** yet, so they are not a target. Open your eyes and look at the whole picture. Hackers have almost ZERO reasons to target firefox. Open your eyes to the XY generations & do a little research. Keep the same code, firefox now has 80-*0% of the market share, IE is in the place of firefox. Guess what? Firefox would have hundreds of holes, release multiple patches a month, etc...

Finally a topic worth discussing!
    I think security is not an issue here - every piece of software is going to have bugs so smart people run an AV and a firewall. But out of the question "Which browser offers the best online experience", firefox wins every time.

Most people who switched to a non-IE browser were exactly the same (myself included). Most people were loyal to IE because it is all they know and it works well enough. They think not using IE will make their online experienced worse and not display pages correctly.

But if you just try firefox with good extensions like adblock for * week, you'll never want to go back. Most experienced web users can't imagine the web without adblock.

Damn I just wasted *5 minutes typing that.

You are missing the catch, mike

mike*0*, You are saying that only *0% of people use Firefox, right? So hackers won't target it, because so few people use it.

This is a destructive combo. Here it is.

*. *0% use it, therefore it is targeted less by hackers
    2. Someone notices this, then tells others to use Firefox
    *. Many people join, and tell others who tell others who tell others who tell others....
    4. Let's say in a year nearly 60% of people now use it, thinking that only *0% of people use it, so that means they aren't going to get h4x0r*d
    5. But they are wrong. Hackers now catch on to the fact that many people are joining Firefox, lured by the sense of security. They now focus on Firefox
    6. Soon, smart people start using a new browser I'll call Finkle. They swtich for the same reason people switched to Firefox
    7. Repeat steps *-5, replacing Firefox with Finkle.

mike*0*, You are saying that only *0% of people use Firefox, right? So hackers won't target it, because so few people use it.

This is a destructive combo. Here it is.

*. *0% use it, therefore it is targeted less by hackers
    2. Someone notices this, then tells others to use Firefox
    *. Many people join, and tell others who tell others who tell others who tell others....
    4. Let's say in a year nearly 60% of people now use it, thinking that only *0% of people use it, so that means they aren't going to get h4x0r*d
    5. But they are wrong. Hackers now catch on to the fact that many people are joining Firefox, lured by the sense of security. They now focus on Firefox
    6. Soon, smart people start using a new browser I'll call Finkle. They swtich for the same reason people switched to Firefox
    7. Repeat steps *-5, replacing Firefox with Finkle.
    People getting hacked is always going to happen. There is no such thing as a secure system. So what you said is always going to happen and its going to happen over and over.
    But its not the system that has problems with it, its the user. Its usually always the user. They blame it on microsoft and others. When the real problem is between the key***rd and the c****.

Toast
    Ps, I hit *00 posts- Yay!

Well you get the point, but you also sound paranoid. Take your meds and everything will be ok

Who me?! XD
    Im not that bad...
    Do I really sound paranoid?

Toast

+ Reply to Thread