Thread: undetected malware/virus

undetected malware/virus

Hi,

Found this online, it has a virus in the .lnk file

How can anyone scan a lnk file in virustotal? It redirects to cmd.exe

The download link
    http://tinyurl.com/jfw4fzw

Regards

I don't know what that .lnk file is, but it's not a normal .lnk file. .lnk files are supposed to be text. But if you look at this with a binary editor, it starts with MZ - that's what Windows executables start with.

So I think someone just took an .exe (maybe cmd.exe, but I don't think so) and renamed it LicenseKey.lnk

undetected malwre/virus

sorry about that i didn't open with a text editor or a deb***er

How do you remove it?

Only good antivirus can help you.

Unhappy Serious, where can I find a hacker to remove a paid vengeful worm on my facebook?

My husband died abt * year ago and since then his brothers continue to harass me. Now they have paid a hacker to install a very nasty malware into my husband's facebook. It has migrated through my profile, taken all passwords, into my e-mails and using my c. c. cards. Police smile and say they can do nothing. I will pay but I need a trustworthy source, not south africa or turkey. I'm 6* yrs old, a grandmother and no near family. I' all alone for the first time in my life and I'm very scared. Can you direct me to someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Shearin;66*07
    How do you remove it?
    I'm not sure on how to remove it but you may follow this one that I found online at Malware site . The title is "How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide)"

+ Reply to Thread