nagios
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xfire and Fpipe

Xfire and Fpipe

hi, I'm on my university network that has a stupid firewall and I want to be able to connect to Xfire (instant messaging program). I've downloaded Fpipe but I'm not sure how to use it(if I can) to connect to xfire.

According to the xfire website you need 25*** port open...

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    Ram

well

According to the xfire website you need 25*** port open...
    Well, there is no port 25***, but there is a port 25**, maybe you typed an extra *. Maybe you should open port 25**. I am assuming you're using Windows.

Go to the Control Panel, then go to Security Center, then go to Windows Firewall. Click on the Exceptions tab on the top, then when the new window comes up, click Add Port. Just to be safe, you can add the same port twice, using TCP and UDP.

The problem is that I can't access the firewall since its on my university's network and not on my machine. Also if you look [URL="http://www.xfire.com/faq/#*48"]here[/URL] then it says port 25***.

Anyone help me

Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbat
    Well, there is no port 25***, but there is a port 25**, maybe you typed an extra *. Maybe you should open port 25**. I am assuming you're using Windows.
    Ports can be anything from 0 to 655*5. As you can see, 25*** falls into that range.

but...

Well, I was looking at the port number list on IANA's site, and they had only a little more than 5000, so I dunno.... Well, I guess I'll trust you mike, but is there a site with a list for all 65,5*5 ports?

So does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get xfire running?

thanks

Ram

well

Didn't your read my last post? I guess you didn't, so here it is again.

Go to the Control Panel, then go to Security Center, then go to Windows Firewall. Click on the Exceptions tab on the top, then when the new window comes up, click Add Port. Just to be safe, you can add the same port twice, using TCP and UDP.
    There you go! w00t! This is my *00th post here!
    *does *00 post dance*

As I said previously....I don't have access to the firewall(THIS IS NOT A WINDOWS FIREWALL!!!). This is the whole problem otherwise as you state it would be very easy to make an exception. So...I need some way of getting around the firewall without having to access it!

Any s***estions appreciated

Alex

+ Reply to Thread