nagios
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this the right section?

Is this the right section?

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right question or the right forum or site for that matter but can someone teach me to get passwords to FTP's for websites? Any help would be nice. If this is the wrong section please let me know. Thanks for any help in advance

before posting do some research for your own.try google.com for FTP brute forcer.* hint....search also "password crackers"
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire
    Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right question or the right forum or site for that matter but can someone teach me to get passwords to FTP's for websites? Any help would be nice. If this is the wrong section please let me know. Thanks for any help in advance
    Brute forcing is over-rated. It only works if the user chooses a small password that is part of the English dictionary, and you have an extremely fast connection. You also need to know the user's username, because guessing both usernames and passwords will take centuries.

Your best bet is exploiting the FTP software to get root access or an admin account. I'm sure some script kiddy exploit code will cater for this, providing you know where to search and what to search for.

+ Reply to Thread