xymon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Site

Arrow My Site

Hello I am a noob web designer just looking for some feedback thought this was a good fourm so plz check it out and POST BACK
    [URL="http://www.z-zap.com"]http://www.z-zap.com[/URL]

wait

NO POSTS AHHH well w/e just have to wait

big problem

It's not a security vulnerability, but there's no way you can make a login page without using a server side language like PHP or ASP. Your member login page is currently .html.

Quote Originally Posted by trinoid
    Hello I am a noob web designer just looking for some feedback thought this was a good fourm so plz check it out and POST BACK
    [URL="http://www.z-zap.com"]http://www.z-zap.com[/URL]
    Comments:
    • Flash is not intended for website layout; especially not navigation bars - it is for animations and interactive applications. I block all flash from loading. If you expect people to browse your pages, design them with as little flash as possible.

• It looks like you made your site using an automated program or template. Doing so doesn't constitute web design.

• People visit websites for content - for example, this forum has information, tools, and a forum. Phrases like "under construction" remind me of the freewebs/geocities era, where websites have nothing but a contact page. You have to ask yourself, why would they contact you? You haven't done anything for them. It comes down to this: create a website after you already know what its purpose is. The UFO also comes under the 'pointless' category.

• Sponsors is spelled sponsors, not sponsers.

Sorry if that sounded over-critical, but if nobody corrects you, you will never improve.

It's not a security vulnerability, but there's no way you can make a login page without using a server side language like PHP or ASP. Your member login page is currently .html.
    You can make a login page in any language - all it has to do is show a form and direct the user to the login script when they click submit. However, the login script must be in a server-side language.

well, besides what mike said, cough, its pretty good
    7h* L**7*57 c4n7 h4ck m*!
    Proud to have quit playing ®µÑȧ©ÅÞË

If you write like a semi-literate boob you will very likely be ignored.
    Writing like a l**t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute l**t*st way to write!
    L0L

Either way, he needs to know about PHP (or any other server side language) so he can make a login page/script/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    Comments:
    • Flash is not intended for website layout; especially not navigation bars - it is for animations and interactive applications. I block all flash from loading. If you expect people to browse your pages, design them with as little flash as possible.

• It looks like you made your site using an automated program or template. Doing so doesn't constitute web design.

• People visit websites for content - for example, this forum has information, tools, and a forum. Phrases like "under construction" remind me of the freewebs/geocities era, where websites have nothing but a contact page. You have to ask yourself, why would they contact you? You haven't done anything for them. It comes down to this: create a website after you already know what its purpose is. The UFO also comes under the 'pointless' category.

• Sponsors is spelled sponsors, not sponsers.

Sorry if that sounded over-critical, but if nobody corrects you, you will never improve.

You can make a login page in any language - all it has to do is show a form and direct the user to the login script when they click submit. However, the login script must be in a server-side language.
    well your right most login pages are not made in flash and tru i did spell some things wrong but it isnt a template i made all that myself. and by the way where my site is hosted they dont allow a loit of PHP scripts. even tho i dont know php i have tried to learn but couldnt use MySql and part of the reason i started using this forum was to get help with that and some feedback and by the way that you for the feedback.

Cool

Think of something that will give you a lot of traffic to your website.I think if you get cracking tools,password lists and stuff like that for hotmail,yahoo.photobucket or myspace you'll have tons of desperate souls wondering around your site. Just my 2 cents....lol

Arrow Ty

Thats a good idea but im too noob to get those things myself so any ideas on that i mean ya i was thinking of maybee making some prank programs in VB.net like sumtin that like pretends to wipe harddrives or sumtin just to ammuse ppl before i can get some good stuff up there like cracking tools,password lists and more! so unless i get some helop ya

Talking Omg

Hello people i am starting to learn Javascript so i dicided to redo my site so plz take anoter look at it.

I still can't see the point of your site. Can you please tell me it's purpose?

I just got access to all the usernames/passwords for your site - all 4 of them, lol.

Check your private messages, I pm'ed you all of them.

NEVER EVER make a login script/page/whatever without using a server side language like PHP or ASP. It is very insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbat
    I just got access to all the usernames/passwords for your site - all 4 of them, lol.

Check your private messages, I pm'ed you all of them.

NEVER EVER make a login script/page/whatever without using a server side language like PHP or ASP. It is very insecure.
    Anyone who designs a login mechanism around Javascript deserves to lose their data.

Here are the usernames and passwords (the members page contains nothing though):

Username: bango20*
    Password: puppies

Username: cryptosparrow
    Password: dragon*4

Username: zackymcharvest
    Password: dos

Username: kristen
    Password: monkey

Even i found all the usernames and passwords, and i'm useless...

[URL="http://z-zap.com/login.js"]http://z-zap.com/login.js[/URL]

mike, You didn't have to post them you know, but since the member login area doesn't really contain anything, I guess it's alright.

Also, you can go to z-zap and go to /members.html and see all the member content without having to even use any of that login information.

EDIT: Mike, did you do that to his site? That's mean..

How did you do that anyway?
    Last edited by Moonbat; 11-26-2006 at 08:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread