ganglia
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help getting ip

Need help getting ip

I was recently scammed out of *50$ from markeedragon.com

Im looking for some help getting an ip from the kid who took it. I dont want to install any malware or trojans or anything, I want the ip so that I can give it to the admin of the site and show him that he did scam me. Hes kind of covering everything up very well and any help would be appreciated, I just want my *50$ back.

BTW if this is against the rules delete it, Im not asking for help hacking anyone, just need help getting an ip.

thanks in advance.

Here is some helpful info, not exactly what you want though.

Registration and WHOIS Service provided by directNIC.com

Registrant:
    Markee Dragon LLC
    2**4 SE *0th
    Portland, OR *72*4
    US
    50*-488-5475

Domain Name: MARKEEDRAGON.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Eikenberry, Marcus
    2**4 SE *0th
    Portland, OR *72*4
    US
    50*-488-5475

Eikenberry, Marcus
    2**4 SE *0th
    Portland, OR *72*4
    US
    50*-488-5475

Record last updated **-*0-200* 0*:2*:50 PM
    Record expires on 0*-28-20*0
    Record created on 0*-28-2000

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS*2.ZONEEDIT.COM 64.246.26.64
    NS**.ZONEEDIT.COM 66.22*.40.*2*

lol thanks a bunch but what I meant was that a person in the site scammed me not the owner. The site is a forums dedicated for gamers to trade games(mainly mmorpgs).

I was going to buy an account from a guy, after I sent him the ***** he never sent me the account. The reason I need the ip is for proof to the admin. The scammer made a new aim and a new account so this way I would have no proof, but by getting his ip I could send it to the admin, the admin could check whos ip it is and then I can get the cash back or he can get banned. Ill probably get the cash back cause hes trustwho approved(they got a bunch of info on him, address and phone# and stuff).

[url]http://www.markeedragon.com/u/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2**4*6/an/0/page/2#*8866[/url]

I posted most things I found out in there, its probably missing a few things.

This is the guys xanga, [url]http://www.xanga.com/urcarazy[/url]

Main thing is that I need to get his ip from the aim he used to scam me DisSoLuTion FlaW with pics and stuff with it.

Once again, thanks in advance for the help.

Can someone correctly if i'm wrong...

I think you can get someone's IP from headers in an email they've sent you.. (assuming the headers aren't forged)

The headers will contain something like this...

Received: from [67.**6.*7.*22] by 255.20*.*2.* id <54*2*-*2*45>; Mon, 28 Nov
    This means the email was sent from 67.**6.*7.*22, you can then do a [URL="http://www.dnsstuff.com/"]whois[/URL] on the IP address to find out his ISP.

This maybe completely wrong, i'm only a troll not an expert.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    they got a bunch of info on him, address and phone# and stuff
    So why don't they contact the police and let them deal with it?
    Last edited by Troll; 11-27-2006 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    Can someone correctly if i'm wrong...

I think you can get someone's IP from headers in an email they've sent you.. (assuming the headers aren't forged)

The headers will contain something like this...

This means the email was sent from 67.**6.*7.*22, you can then do a [URL="http://www.dnsstuff.com/"]whois[/URL] on the IP address to find out his ISP.

This maybe completely wrong, i'm only a troll not an expert.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    So why don't they contact the police and let them deal with it?

cause they dont believe me... we didnt talk through emails btw, we talked on aim

Quote Originally Posted by wonderer
    lol thanks a bunch but what I meant was that a person in the site scammed me not the owner. The site is a forums dedicated for gamers to trade games(mainly mmorpgs).

I was going to buy an account from a guy, after I sent him the ***** he never sent me the account. The reason I need the ip is for proof to the admin. The scammer made a new aim and a new account so this way I would have no proof, but by getting his ip I could send it to the admin, the admin could check whos ip it is and then I can get the cash back or he can get banned. Ill probably get the cash back cause hes trustwho approved(they got a bunch of info on him, address and phone# and stuff).

[url]http://www.markeedragon.com/u/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2**4*6/an/0/page/2#*8866[/url]

I posted most things I found out in there, its probably missing a few things.

This is the guys xanga, [url]http://www.xanga.com/urcarazy[/url]

Main thing is that I need to get his ip from the aim he used to scam me DisSoLuTion FlaW with pics and stuff with it.

Once again, thanks in advance for the help.
    An IP address will not help you at all. IP addresses are dynamically allocated by ISPs every time you connect to their service; so someone's IP address changes every day.

You can't just look up an IP number and find someone's personal details. The only place where records connecting IP addresses at a specified time to name and address are the ISP's central offices/servers, and the only people with enough authority to demand such information on a user is the police. Even that is conditional on whether the ISP keeps records on users going as far back as when you made contact with them.

So in other words, accept you've been beaten and move on. In any case, I doubt the ***** is of a noteworthy value.

How about I infect him with beast?

I can make it look like im sending him a bunch of files containing pics and txt files of stuff I found about him around the internet(I actually do have them) and maybe I can slip in a server disguised as a gif file. Or I can get a downloader and have it dl a trojan or a virus that disables firewalls. The kid leaves his pc on all day, even when hes at school(I know this cause his aim is always on).

This way I can get his ip/mac adress and maybe even get his password to his paypal account and send the *50$ back to my account(being the honest person I am, sadly I wont be taking more than *50$ ).

Probably wont work, but theres no harm in trying is there? maybe sept having the police on my ass for conspiracy to invade privacy or something like that... but that shouldnt land me more than 5-*0 years so Im down with trying.
    Last edited by wonderer; 11-28-2006 at 12:38 PM.

I s***est forgetting about it, these things happen. That's life.

Anyway, it's only $*50, it's not that much *****... you'll probably do more than $*50 worth of work trying to get your ***** back. So forget it.

You can't send someone a server through email.

I can make it look like im sending him a bunch of files containing pics and txt files of stuff I found about him around the internet(I actually do have them) and maybe I can slip in a server disguised as a gif file.
    Dont bother with disguising a gif, if you send him a link to a file like a gif or page or something and its on a webserver you control, you can view the logs of who accessed that file and get his IP from there... as long as you dont give that file out to anyone else or make it public then after you send them the link to it the only IP that accessed it (perhaps besides yours) is theirs.

Dont have a web server?
    Use a free one, like netfast.org for example
    Dont know how to view logs?
    Use a free counter that records that info (most do)

Then give said IP to said admin and problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread