zabbix
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you used Spynote?

Have you used Spynote?

I'm interested in any constructive feedback on Spynote. It is a recently launched free web based secure notepad that uses AES and SHA* to encrypt your sensitive information right in the browser. Only encrypted information is transmitted over the network, no encryption keys are shared or stored anywhere at all.

Spynote is available at [url]http://www.spynote.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by YeuWen
    I'm interested in any constructive feedback on Spynote. It is a recently launched free web based secure notepad that uses AES and SHA* to encrypt your sensitive information right in the browser. Only encrypted information is transmitted over the network, no encryption keys are shared or stored anywhere at all.

Spynote is available at [url]http://www.spynote.com[/url]
    All I can say is good work! It's an original idea, well designed, and free of unnecessary content. Your website will succeed if you promote it correctly.

My two s***estions would be to code it in XHTML rather than HTML, and use external style sheets instead of using inline style (or a block at the start). Your website uses all the latest technologies in other areas (AJAX), so I don't know why you're not doing the same with those things I mentioned.

Thanks, Mike. As for HTML/XHTML, it was done this way for some simplicity reasons. There is nothing stops XHTML usage. Actually all style sheets and core javascript code are in the external files anyway, a php script simply consolidates them in a single file on-a-fly.

Quote Originally Posted by YeuWen
    Thanks, Mike. As for HTML/XHTML, it was done this way for some simplicity reasons. There is nothing stops XHTML usage. Actually all style sheets and core javascript code are in the external files anyway, a php script simply consolidates them in a single file on-a-fly.
    Yeah that's manageable from the server side of things, but one thing to remember is that when you don't use external style sheets (separately loaded), the client has to receive the same code embedded in every page, instead of receiving it once and having it cached for browsing the rest of the site. But these are only minor things and don't really matter much.

+ Reply to Thread