file auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trojans..

Trojans..

My friend and I play a game every once in a while. We hack people & split the earns. I guess I just do the social engineering, I simply convince them to click a link to a .zip file with a trojan (and keylogger) in it, he configured it and everything. I'd like to learn more about how it's done or the components of making a trojan. I'm not asking for a quick way to do this, or pestering my friend to teach me, I want to learn how to make one myself. I'm willing to put time into learning. I'd just like someone to point me in the right direction, maybe give me some links or explain how a trojan works for starts. Thanks if you decide to help.

er

Well, most trojans are created in a language known as ASM (assember language). It's basically the internal computer language, a step away from binary code (0*0**0*00).

You can also create trojans in mainstream programming languages like C++

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous*
    My friend and I play a game every once in a while. We hack people & split the earns. I guess I just do the social engineering, I simply convince them to click a link to a .zip file with a trojan (and keylogger) in it, he configured it and everything. I'd like to learn more about how it's done or the components of making a trojan. I'm not asking for a quick way to do this, or pestering my friend to teach me, I want to learn how to make one myself. I'm willing to put time into learning. I'd just like someone to point me in the right direction, maybe give me some links or explain how a trojan works for starts. Thanks if you decide to help.
    First of all, using remote admin tools of someone else's making is not cool. Furthermore, using them to steal game account passwords is even lamer. If you want to get anywhere in hacking, you need to put these thoughts out of your mind.

When people talk about trojans, they rarely use it in the correct context. Trojans are simply files which disguise or hide their real intent; for example being 'attached' to a legitimate file. Most people actually mean Remote Administration Tools when talking about this - programs which allow you to remotely access a computer.

RATs are simply programs which allow a remote user to emulate actually being at a desktop computer. They provide monitoring and control of the target system - file management, screen grabbing, keystroke monitoring, etc.

There is no special method of programming a RAT which we can tell you - all it comes from is learning a powerful language and learning the Win*2 API. Once you have knowledge in both these areas, you realize how simple it is to monitor a computer and send the data over the internet.

Hope that answered your question.

Well, most trojans are created in a language known as ASM (assember language). It's basically the internal computer language, a step away from binary code (0*0**0*00).

You can also create trojans in mainstream programming languages like C++
    Most malware is created in high level languages, such as C, C++, VB, etc. More recently the shift has been towards VB; because of its simplicity, coupled with the flood of unintelligent *2 year olds hitting the internet and sticking with the simplest language they can find.

Assembly language is rarely used these days apart from when a very small executable size is needed, when efficiency is needed, or when you need to control hardware (device drivers). High level languages are fairly portable across different systems; assembly is not. Once you move to a different processor, the code becomes useless. This was the reason high level languages were created.

So in other words, assembly is not very practical to write full applications in, plus it's not very well documented.

yeah you can get a free program that does it (winspy) it just makes a file when they run it emails you keyloggs not that hard to make
    7h* L**7*57 c4n7 h4ck m*!
    Proud to have quit playing ®µÑȧ©ÅÞË

If you write like a semi-literate boob you will very likely be ignored.
    Writing like a l**t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute l**t*st way to write!
    L0L

First of all, using remote admin tools of someone else's making is not cool.
    That's why I want to learn how to do this myself.

Furthermore, using them to steal game account passwords is even lamer. If you want to get anywhere in hacking, you need to put these thoughts out of your mind.
    It's not for the passwords. We sell the items in game, then sell the currency on Ebay. I don't have any shame in it, the game isn't a good game and they'd be better off going outside instead of wasting hours leveling a skill that doesn't exist.

When people talk about trojans, they rarely use it in the correct context. Trojans are simply files which disguise or hide their real intent; for example being 'attached' to a legitimate file. Most people actually mean Remote Administration Tools when talking about this - programs which allow you to remotely access a computer.

RATs are simply programs which allow a remote user to emulate actually being at a desktop computer. They provide monitoring and control of the target system - file management, screen grabbing, keystroke monitoring, etc.

There is no special method of programming a RAT which we can tell you - all it comes from is learning a powerful language and learning the Win*2 API. Once you have knowledge in both these areas, you realize how simple it is to monitor a computer and send the data over the internet.

Hope that answered your question.
    Basically a trojan is just a file with a RAT inside. So, let's say I have a program that can monitor anything someone does on a remote PC. All that needs to be done is to have them install the program to their PC. Can it be done with a .zip file?
    Last edited by Anonymous1; 11-26-2006 at 02:13 AM.

That's why I want to learn how to do this myself.

It's not for the passwords. We sell the items in game, then sell the currency on Ebay. I don't have any shame in it, the game isn't a good game and they'd be better off going outside instead of wasting hours leveling a skill that doesn't exist.

Basically a trojan is just a file with a RAT inside. So, let's say I have a program that can monitor anything someone does on a remote PC. All that needs to be done is to have them install the program to their PC. Can it be done with a .zip file?
    A trojan is any file which has a hidden purpose. In other words, not just limited to RATs, but anything malicious.

To your second question, it's best to assume that you can only run programs from executable files. ZIP programs may have some sort of auto-run feature, but I'm really not sure. Of course, you can put the file in a zip and ask them to unzip it THEN run the file.

Thanks, you've been a good help. I have one working fine now. I just have one more question, not exactly related to this.. let's say I create a bunch of small .txt files with gibberish in them, then changed them to a .shw format (non-existant, I know) would I be able to change the icons on them? I was able on the actual keylogger, not sure how to do the fake files though.

Thanks, you've been a good help. I have one working fine now. I just have one more question, not exactly related to this.. let's say I create a bunch of small .txt files with gibberish in them, then changed them to a .shw format (non-existant, I know) would I be able to change the icons on them? I was able on the actual keylogger, not sure how to do the fake files though.
    No, icons are compiled as a resource into executable files. Unless you're working with a .exe file, icons are not possible.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread