rrdtool
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hacking For Profit

hope this isn't too old to dig up again, beats creating a new one asking the same basic thing.

Has anyone actually tried the basic phishing/myspace stuff for a profit? I could imagine at $20 per person screaming about getting a password you could make a decent monthly at it. Plus since once you have the phishing page setup it just takes sending an email to potentially make the $....I dunno, surprise you don't see more of it. Minimal risk really, what myspace/hotmail ever do?

Hell I'd even pay $50 for a myspace password! haha..no really....msg me damnit

Curious though.

The hard part isn't making a phishing page or anything of that sort, the hard part is getting the victim to login through it, people aren't as dumb as phishers would like them to be.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Unless I'm missing something it's not necessarily a deal-breaker. Spend *hr setting up a realistic looking login screen, then that'll forever be almost your only investment. After that it's just sending whatever message to the 'mark' and hope they log in. *sec to send that email, if they do it you get whatever-$20, if not who cares you did so little anyway. 2hrs of programming and you can have a snazzy website that automatically sends the mark the message and collects payment if successful. hide the NS through proxies and use e-gold (or other harder-to-trace service) for payment...bada-bing.

Obviously all I'm doing is rambling about how profitable robbing a **** is...but just curious why you don't see more of it out there.

I have a fake MySpace page that'll write the user/pass to a file, but I've yet to find any buyers.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

the great thing about software is it's infinitely resellable so you don't need big ***** on each one...yeah that was me warming you up.

PM me some details on it.

I found some buyers, but then got bored and got a job.

When I'm at home, I'm severely unmotivated to do anything but sleep, eat, shower, listen to music all the time and browse random sites. E-work is out of the question.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

+ Reply to Thread