hyperic
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can I get someones IP from an email?

How can I get someones IP from an email?

I am dealing with an Ebay seller currently that ripped me off. He requested a ***** order, so I checked google earth to see where the address was. It pinpointed it as being in a suburban neighborhood.
    Now its looking like the guy is a fraud, so I call him using Ebays contact info request form.
    Get a woman on the phone last night, saying she doesnt know the name of the seller.

Search for the address in google, turns out the address is in actuality a mailing center with a PO Box center. Google earth let me down

I set look at header mode in my email to try and get his IP but hes a GMail client, so its a static IP, but of the google servers,

I was wondering if I can trick him into giving me his IP by clicking on a link, so I can find out where hes logging on and get his ass arrested. Hes done this to * or 4 other people after me.

Keep in note, I am not a very ********* person. I know more than the average person about PC's, but I can in no way set up a server or do any hacking

Please help me out guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rumple4Skin
    I am dealing with an Ebay seller currently that ripped me off. He requested a ***** order, so I checked google earth to see where the address was. It pinpointed it as being in a suburban neighborhood.
    Now its looking like the guy is a fraud, so I call him using Ebays contact info request form.
    Get a woman on the phone last night, saying she doesnt know the name of the seller.

Search for the address in google, turns out the address is in actuality a mailing center with a PO Box center. Google earth let me down

I set look at header mode in my email to try and get his IP but hes a GMail client, so its a static IP, but of the google servers,

I was wondering if I can trick him into giving me his IP by clicking on a link, so I can find out where hes logging on and get his ass arrested. Hes done this to * or 4 other people after me.

Keep in note, I am not a very ********* person. I know more than the average person about PC's, but I can in no way set up a server or do any hacking

Please help me out guys
    His IP address won't lead you to his location; it will only tell you what ISP he uses and where they're located. Of course you can tell the police the IP number and they could get records from the ISP, but I doubt they would investigate it for one stolen item, or even 5. You would have to provide conclusive proof.

As for getting his IP address, you could set up a server with a script that logs IP addresses that visit it. None of us are going to do that for you.

That'll learn you to not buy shit off ebay.
    7h* L**7*57 c4n7 h4ck m*!
    Proud to have quit playing ®µÑȧ©ÅÞË

If you write like a semi-literate boob you will very likely be ignored.
    Writing like a l**t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute l**t*st way to write!
    L0L

+ Reply to Thread