Has anyone heard of didtheyreadit.com? It's a service where you attach their name in an email you send, and when the other person reads it, you get an email saying when it where it was read, for how long it was read, the IP and ISP address, even the browser and platform type.

Someone did this to me (send a bait email) and now has my computer's info. Using the printout they received from the service with my info, they created another printout, and gave the appearance that I was in their email account and read their emails. With my computer's info, it looks like my machine was used. Attorneys are involved (not by my doing) and mine mentioned possibly getting a forensic computer person involved. Not sure what they'll find or do?

My question is this, if someone has your IP and ISP, and with all the sites out there used to hide an IP while surfing, are there any where you can select an IP of your choice while hiding (i.e., given them someone else's info so it looks like them and not you?). Is this what spoofing is? What can this person do now that they have my computer's information, or better yet, what should I do? I'm not sure how to get out of this jam.

Any advice would be appreciated!