file access
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unregistered???

Exclamation Unregistered???

What's with all these Unregistereds?

I'm no longer gonna help Unregistered or guest!

Adios...
    Blacksheep

HI,

Black sheep,pls respect their privacy.Whats going on?

regards Data

Unregistered Guest

Dear Blacksheep

Your comment upset me a little. I did register and gave myself the name "Newbietoo" but I do come up as an unregistered guest. This has confused me from the beginning, but I thought I would work around it by ending my questions or comments with "regards, Newbietoo". This site has all pertinent info. about me. Whenever I have addressed you, I have given you my "name" (not real, of course, just as I am sure you are not a black sheep - to me, upholding truth and justice, you seem more like a white sheep ) Good citizen, Newbietoo.

Unregistered Guest
    Blacksheep

your attitude totally shocked me.....resulting in this posting as yet another unregistered .

many time I have been of help to you.....an when you were in need of help you were not concerned if it came from a member or an unregistered person.

the very essence of this site is privacy.

an the welcome mat once extended to unregistered posters has not been removed.

Unregistered?

Hmm... Stirred up a hornet's nest have I?

Lemme put it this way, it is not a privacy issue - the BB has your IP or your proxy IP logged.

Many times I do considerable research to answer questions, help posters with their problems.

Why should I spend the time to help someone who won't bother to take a few minutes to register as a courtesy to the BB?

This BB is provided free as a public service you know.

So there is no confusion, I speak for myself only - not the BB.
    Blacksheep

Unregistered Guest

To Blacksheep, again from Newbietoo

Dear Blacksheep,
    As I said before, I thought I had registered. Filled in the info., gave myself a name and password, but I did not select email responses for safety reasons. I don't know why I come up "unregistered" Perhaps the moderator could help me out? I would be pleased to register again if necessary. Anyway, I am sorry that you are so upset. You know, as a new "member" I haven't felt particularly welcome. Yabut has been the only one to address my questions. I figure that it is just the way things go. Forum folks don't know me that well and I have to do my newbie time and be patient. I have had to be content with just reading and learning. Your values are something I appreciate Regards, "member" Newbietoo

Unregistered Jr. Guest

Thumbs up 2 cents

Your help is appreciated Blacksheep! Remember though it is a person you are helping, not a nick, registered or not.

The "courtesy to the BB" point eludes me.

Thanks.

Wink Just my two cents...

At the risk of being labeled a...well..."black sheep" (okay, okay...bad pun), I have to "voice" my agreement with Blacksheep's viewpoint on this. However, he and I may have different methods of reasoning to achieve the same conclusion, so I don't propose to speak for Blacksheep.

For me, the "Unregistered" issue is simply one of confusion, just as if we had a symposium of "Bob"s or "Mary"s. I'm not particularly concerned about the registration ethics of it (although, I've always felt that, if I'm going to repeatedly gain something from someone else's bandwith, I can reciprocate ten seconds of my time to register, if asked to do so). No one is asking anyone for their social security number and mother's maiden name...just the courtesy of a "handle" to be identified by (same IP/Proxy IP is gonna be there, either way). In that manner, if Blacksheep is helping good ol' "Zapfdingbat" with an issue, two months later, he can say "Hey, Zapfdingbat...remember when we were talking about ________? I found some new information on it!" (sorry, Blacksheep...I had to use you as an example, there. Lord knows I couldn't provide a hypothesis with Piexa actually being savvy enough to help out with this stuff...LOL!). At the present rate, if anyone said "Hey...Unregistered...tell me what your firewall log says", there's bound to be some clarity issues. The "helper side" of it definitely deserves the ******, where ******'s due, as well. How the heck would Newbietoo know to be grateful to Yabut for assistance if Yabut was anonymous? The sharpshooters in this forum are extremely bright and informative (and discuss marvellous theories, as well!)...it is well deserved for those "brain waves" to be given some associative ******!

Ultimately, IMHO only, it's a matter of common courtesy. Whether "virtual" or otherwise, we are discussing, learning and taking part in a social situation, here. In the physical realm of our daily activities, such situations routinely begin with a "Hi! My name's _______" (or other such formalities) and it goes from there. This really isn't very different

Also, Newbietoo, (and I'm definitely only speaking for myself on this, as well), it could be that the reason your questions have been unanswered is because someone may not know just the right answer at first (or at all)...and then it's revealed by someone else before it can be researched or explored. Personally, when in doubt, I typically clam up unless I'm sure enough about what I'm talking about to dispense advice on it, lest I end up looking like a fool...LOL! It might be a hasty decision to mistake silence for animosity. Your posts have been cheerful and lively, so just keep your chin up and never stop learning!

:::climbing down from ill-fitted spot on soapbox, now:::

~ Piexa
    (not even remotely close to my real name, but enough of an identifier to know whom to direct any irritated replies to...LOL!)

HI,

How do i get myself an avatar?COuld some * explain pls.I couldn't understand how.

Regards Data.

Originally posted by DATA
    HI,

How do i get myself an avatar?COuld some * explain pls.I couldn't understand how.

Regards Data.
    Hi DATA,

You can find some nifty pics with this:

[url]http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en[/url]

Copy URL of pic you like.

Then click on BB user cp button > select Edit Options > go to Avatar at bottom of page...
    Blacksheep

Unregistered Guest

To Piexa from Newbietoo :)

Hi Piexa,

What a great post!!! Mean it!!!! Even after I did my own posting, I tried to think further about how Blacksheep was feeling and I likened it to a sort of "burn out". Helping so many, and yet the "unregistered ones" (I guess I am included, but I remember registering, oh well) would rarely say. "Thanks" and "by the way, I am------, pleased to meet you". So I guess I would say to the unregistered ones (especially those in my position who did fill in the manditory info. including handle and password), do as I have done, and simply give your name and don't forget to say "Thanx"!!! And, Piexa, I will be more patient. We newbies tend to be impatient and very insecure - we take everything personally Oh, I do have one computer class completed and I am loving it. Take care, oh, and pleased to meet you!!! Regards, Newbietoo

+ Reply to Thread