file auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wap/wep attack

wap/wep attack

I am new to this forum and am looking for some help in using air crack or air snort or some other wap or wep cracking tool. i am not so malicious that i am trying to get in any one elses computer i would just like to be able to use a encrypted wireless router from time to time and maby even use some sort of spoof for a router assinged with a mac address. i am only running a windows os so the lit. on the net is slim because its mostly for a linux os. any help in this dept would be appreciated. i have a fairly good working knowledge of computers but a step by step for n00b bumb ass's would be apreciated or if this is all to complicated please tell me to fuck off and cough up the 6*.*5 a month for a sprint wireless card. i would apprciate hearing from mike *0* .his posts seemed very in formative even though he had to say "you cant hack my space and e mail" about *2* times. hahaha

i also have airo peek with a intel pro wireless **45abg card. the wild packets website claims this card is natively supported but when i load the program it tells me i need a special driver. i would love some help in this department.

Can't say that I'm at all knowledgeable in wireless cracking, sorry. I've heard that some wireless cards aren't capable of some of the functions necessary for wireless cracking, though.

thanx. i crashed a toshiba lap top trying....oh well the price of learning is never cheap. if any one can help please post

Ok im not a guru but am embarking on the same path as you. First thing you'll need is a linux based distro. I am using Back***** 2 which is effectively a linux operating system you can carry round on a usb stick or cd, and load onto a windows based system on boot up. Its a nifty lil distrobution which has all the tools needed for penetrative testing of networks, and cracking passwords e.t.c (a one stop shop for all your cracking needs)
    do a search on google for "remote exploit" and you'll find links where you can d/l it.

you'll need to be slightly familiar with linux or at least be a fast learner

ive got a newbies guide to cracking WEP with aircrack which is seriously easy to follow.

There is one prob tho, which mike0* mentioned. As far as i know you cant crack WEP with intel pro wireless cards, as they cant insert packets. I have a **45ABG card and have looked around and have yet to find an article that says otherwise.

I do have a linux driver for the card tho which seems to work.

Will continue to search tho.. if you stumble on a new driver or an article that says that it is possible to insert packets or crack WEP with a intel card gimme a heads up.

Ok Wireless Is A Secure Networking Ok It Dosent Realy Have Leaks Like Your Networking Cards Or Your Other Networkings.i Mean Why Would They Make Something Wireless With Out Being Vary Secure
    Im Not Saying Wireless Is Imposibale To Get Into But You Will Be Playing Around For A While And If You Dont Know What Your Doing I Wouldn't Try It You Could
    A.mess Up Your Computer
    B.get Cought
    C.just Make Yourself Look Like A Dang Fool Lmfao
    And For All The Other Newbies Just Remeber Security Is Your Best Friend When Hacking Or Anything Else Alot Of Proxies And Alot Of Good Ones Are A Dream.and A Good Security Scanner And A Good Port Scanner.and Remeber That You Always Got Routed Ports What The Human Eye Sees Isent Always True And Just Remeber You Always Got Legal Hacking And Illegal Hacking You A Hacker Dosent Crack And A Cracker Dosent Hack Learn The Diffrents.:d

Quote Originally Posted by TOPKILLER View Post
    And Just Remeber You Always Got Legal Hacking And Illegal Hacking You A Hacker Dosent Crack And A Cracker Dosent Hack Learn The Diffrents.:d
    I ignore all these whitehat/blackhat definitions. People need to face the facts that if they are interested in hacking, it's not for honourable causes such as helping big corporations secure their networks [?].

They do it for self-benefit, fame or whatever.

+ Reply to Thread