monit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 way satellite

2 way satellite

I have never used any service except dialup . I am considering getting 2-way satellite service from Direcpc. It's an "always on" connection. Can I still use proxys to mask my identity and a firewall for protection?

Speed is the reason for my change. Out here in the sticks, I can't get dsl,cable, etc. I rarely log on faster than **000bps.
    Carlos

HI,

2-way satellite service .WHAT IS THAT?

I suppose u will be always using LEO (Low Earth Orbit )Sattelites & not anything in sun synchronous orbit.

If I remember rite-u need 66 sattelites in low earth orbit so that the transmission is not broken,when a sattelite dissapears from the horizon a new * will appear.

As far as on the ground,all procedures are same & it will be the policy of the sattelite to let u remain anonymous or not.
    That u should ask ur isp.

Data.

I don't know much about satellites, but I guess I will use the same ones that feed Direct TV. At the present time, I use dialup to SEND to the internet and satellite DOWN. It makes for much faster downloads. I had the option to include DTV service, but I don't watch TV much. Just the news channels.
    Carlos

+ Reply to Thread