Quote Originally Posted by Halla View Post
The best defense against forum spam bots is to delete them and NOT to visit the addresses they link to. Ignoring and removing them is the ideal approach because even spam costs ***** and if nothing is gained by spamming (site traffic/rankings/sales) then spamming will become a waste of ***** and therefore stop.
Most of the bot-spammers actually prefer it if you don't visit their site -- they are posting to increase their search engine ranking for certain keywords, not to draw in visitors from the forum. They prefer forum users not to visit because the forum people are likely to be annoyed at the spam and contact their hosting service to get them shut down, whereas people Googling for a related phrase are more likely to buy whatever crap they have on their website. Well, that's my guess anyway -- I don't know any spammers .

Thats my opinion on the matter. All you need are a few good trusted mods with topic deletion or at least profile edit ability... but being these forums are no longer regulated Id call it a lost cause overall for these forums at least.
Yeah, mods are the answer. In fact one admin has recently come back, but he has disappeared since yesterday.

It is worth of time to check this article but since administrator of this ***rd have disappeared for unknown time nothing will help. I hope that he still care about this site and ***rd:

[url]http://www.nedbatchelder.com/text/stopbots.html[/url]
A very informative article. Perhaps something this forum's web******(s) should read.