windows auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Longitude and Latitude

Longitude and Latitude

Bit of a long shot... but how do I find some-one's address / city if I have their longitude and latitude. I have GoogleEarth Pro, but I haven't come across a feature on it that allows you to do this :?

oh if you're wondering.. I posted a while ago asking for help in finding people's IP's, I used the IP to find out the person's address but it always came up with the wrong address, (for example I searched * IP and it came up with an address in Germany even though I know for a fact that the person lives in the UK) .. from the IP search I also got their longitude and latitude, was wondering whether this would be the same or different to the address it showed? :P
    and yes I'm new to all this and I'm a little confused any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality*0* View Post
    Bit of a long shot... but how do I find some-one's address / city if I have their longitude and latitude. I have GoogleEarth Pro, but I haven't come across a feature on it that allows you to do this :?

oh if you're wondering.. I posted a while ago asking for help in finding people's IP's, I used the IP to find out the person's address but it always came up with the wrong address, (for example I searched * IP and it came up with an address in Germany even though I know for a fact that the person lives in the UK) .. from the IP search I also got their longitude and latitude, was wondering whether this would be the same or different to the address it showed? :P
    and yes I'm new to all this and I'm a little confused any help would be appreciated
    Try this:

[url]http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/maps/googleMapLocationv*.php[/url]

You won't get anything near precise from an IP address though in most cases. You'll most likely get the location of the ISP head offices of the user; a location that could be hundreds of miles from the user.

thanks for that.. didn't find what I wanted though
    is there any way to find where someone's address from their IP address? :x

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality*0* View Post
    thanks for that.. didn't find what I wanted though
    is there any way to find where someone's address from their IP address? :x
    See above post:

You won't get anything near precise from an IP address though in most cases. You'll most likely get the location of the ISP head offices of the user; a location that could be hundreds of miles from the user.

+ Reply to Thread