Let's face it. So what if you have ***7 computer skillz? The best that's gonna happen is that your gonna get famous for making a virus or something and going to jail. Your also gonna get a job flippin' burgers and whatnot. What you need, my good friends, is a job where your skills can come to good use. No compnay cares if you can sucessfully phish someone's passwords. Here's a guide to what many companies are looking for in the security field (based on postings on Monster.com):

A Bachelor's Degree or equivelent in Computer Sciences

Whether you doing entry level programming or your a head of a team of IT experts, your gonna need this, period.

Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)

A very well-known certifacation standard in the security industry, this proves that you know computer security. On a side note, certain companies require certain certifications based on what your working with. Microsoft will require you be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer/Administrator (MCSE/A). Some may require Security+ certification from CompTIA.

Knowledge of Windows/Unix/Linus/(insert OS here)

You need to have a solid background of working with the OS you will be asked to work with. I would s***est getting certified by a well-known certification company in the OS you will be asked to work with

Security Clearance

Believe it or not, many jobs require security clearance on certain levels. Read here about the whole process: [url]http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/governmentjobs/l/aa_security_2.htm[/url]
This isn't necessarily for government related jobs. Many private companies use security clearance to make sure their employees are trustable.

Previous Experience

Most high-paying jobs require previous experience. Don't be afraid to cite any experience, even if it was working at a cyber-cafe maintaining their cheap Wi-Fi.

That's all I can think of, anyone feel free to post anything else.
~Moonbat