From sigkim:

I have seen many of your posts Newbietoo as unregistered guest and I wondered why you haven't registered. Your message cleared things up. I thought you might be wary of signing up for things like I am. (AOL,yahoo and msn taught me that)

As far as Piexa is concerned this computer situation is a kind of win loose situation. Some of the benefits include small no B.S. forums like this and the convenience of doing things at home such as purchases over the net. I bought a Gibson SG from world class guitars for 200 dolars less than I could find locally. This is good for me but bad for the local economy and the like. I could go on about this but I'm trying to keep rambling to a minnimum.

With this freedom to buy over the net comes many risks one hasn't considered before going on-line. Privacy is a big concern,not because I'm doing anything illegal but out of principle. It is nobody's Darn businees what I do and where I go on the net! Period. Unless I choose to let them know. How dare some Ad agency stick a little snoop in my computer that tells them where I go so I (and we) can be targeted. If I was a programmer....why I would....nevermind...

With the help of forums like this and some of the links provided here, we can all keep ad agencies out of our back pocket(as well as anobody else that I(we) don't want there.

Ok, that's my vent for the day.

Heres a link for everyone: [url]www.ziplip.com[/url]
These folks provide secure email with encryption capabilities for free. Sign up is painless. They basically don't care who you are. Another one is [url]www.fastmail.ca[/url] They are based in Canada and the service is intended for Canadians but I figure they are to busy watching hockey to notice my account so what the hey. These folks don't provide encryption capapbilities, and sign up is also unintrusive.

Newbietoo also states that he uses a proxie. I've done a fair share of reading at the various links provided here and it seems fairly complicated. My tentative conclusions are that if an individual or an agency is bound and determined to find information about an individual they can.

I saw a story on PBS a few years ago about a hacker that was stealing ***** from one of the phone companies here in the US. He would only steal small amounts at a time so as not to be noticed(unused minutes,dead accounts,thousanths of a percent).

A system manager came across 50 cents missing and couldn't figure out where it went. Through shere determination he investigated and eventually caught the guy in Germany(I believe)

This criminal was useing a network of proxies and still managed to get caught. Now this is just the premis as the actual story went much more in depth but the point is he was discoverd and traced back to his personal computer. It took a few years but they got the guy and he had a few hundred thousand dollars stashed away.
This is something your average surfer doesn't have to worry about but is still interesting in that anybody can be found depending on the investigators will,time,and resources.

OHHH this was a long one.

Have a good day everyone!

sigkim(newestnewbie)