network monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Probably a Stupid Question...

Question Probably a Stupid Question...

Lately while surfing around, I've continually ran into information about proxy servers, and what they are typically used for, so on and so forth, and keep running into these incredibly long lists of proxy servers. My question is actually a two-parter.

First, what exactly is a proxy server? From what I have read, it seems like it is basically a median for information to travel though between a computer and another server, but it seems like there should be more to them than that, especially when I keep running into things like "How to hack into a proxy server" on websites here and there...

That leads to my second question, which is "What are the lists for?" Is there some way to use the proxy servers on the list? I'm just curious if I'm missing something.

Thanks guys,

Cedz

HI THERE,

proxy is a median 2 transfer info frm * point to other ,yes.

A proxy can be used to connect several private ip address ranges under a single one.There are many more uses of proxies.

anonymous proxies only forward the ip address of the proxy and not the ip address from where the data was originally sent.

REgards Data.

Data,

Thanks a lot for you answer to that question... I think I'm starting to understand all of this a little better. I still have that question, though, about the lists. How are those used?

Cedz /proxies

Hello Cdez.

You and I seem to be on the same learning curve as far as proxies are concerned. Here is a link(touche' Data beat ya to it)that has given me more of a grasp as to the function and set up of proxys but keep checking in on your post for a more direct response to your questiuon

The link is....[url]http://www.proxys4all.com[/url]

Another link for looking up computer terms is....[url]http://whatis.techtarget.com.[/url]

Happy surfing!

sigkim(newestnewbie)

+ Reply to Thread