network monitoring
Closed Thread

Thread: Official Proxy List

Hybrid View

Can Someone Help Me Here

I Really Dont Know About Proxies,please Dont Laff If Iam Wrong But How Do I Use This As A Proxy Server

Http_x_forwarded_for=66.5*.*07.*

Where Am I Surposse To Put This ?

Quote Originally Posted by mad.labz View Post
    I Really Dont Know About Proxies,please Dont Laff If Iam Wrong But How Do I Use This As A Proxy Server

Http_x_forwarded_for=66.5*.*07.*

Where Am I Surposse To Put This ?
    [url]http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=using+proxies+in+internet+explorer&btnG=Google+Search&meta=[/url]

Oh look, a whole page of results that explain exactly what you want to know.

The state of this forum is getting ridiculous. If you're too lazy to put any sort of effort into answering your own question, we are too lazy to help you with anything more than a Google or Wikipedia link. Some people are paid to work *-5 answering support questions; we are not.

Inevitably someone will take this as elitism; as an attack on those with little knowledge in the subjects discussed. It is not. We have no problem with people being 'newbies', but there are plenty of websites dedicated to being definitive resources on any subject imaginable; one of them being Wikipedia.

We will answer anything to the best of our knowledge, provided you have tried to find the solution yourself, otherwise we'll see you as lazy. Remember, we are mostly here for our own entertainment, and while we will help people, we will not do their own work for them.

Try apushistory.info
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Ok thanks. I have tried over *00 proxies and still nothing. I hope your's works. Also, I heard that if I use a proxy that starts with Https instead of Http there might be a higher percentage that they didn't block that proxy. Do you think that I should try using some of those proxies? If you haven't noticed I am a novice.(Noob) However, I am a fast learner and I do love learning so I won't be a mega-n00b for long.

Using HTTPS blocks content-based filtering, but not domain or IP.

For example, the domain awesomegames.net isn't blocked, but when the filter encounters the words "games" and so on, it decides to block it.

If you connect to the site using encryption, they can not spy on your requests/responses from that website, but they still know that you connected to awesomegames.net since DNS requests are not encrypted.

I haven't heard of any web-filter that only filters content, but it depends on your school's [I'm guessing] setup. Most filters use all three methods to block sites, plus some more probably.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. Also, yes it is my school. *2 grade High School. I could get around some of the blocks but they will know it was me because all the computers connect to something called classlink, and to do anything you have to login to a preset account made by them(which they can access at anytime). So yes it gets annoying but I don't feel like getting suspended my last year there.

cadee Guest
    Proxies are for connecting to another computer anonymously. Your connection goes through the proxy computer, then the target computer only sees the proxy connecting to it.

it is fun using a proxy to hack website and editing them i do it all the time and get a good laugh at it

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon****** View Post
    it is fun using a proxy to hack website and editing them i do it all the time and get a good laugh at it
    Yeah, not many people know that proxies can be used to edit websites. It's a hidden feature.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

Quote Originally Posted by mike*5* View Post
    Yeah, not many people know that proxies can be used to edit websites. It's a hidden feature.
    ROFL

(adding a few random chars to bypass 'message-too-short' filter: 200*2*80r202fslxl.sa)
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Closed Thread