monit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer restarting

Computer restarting

I can i fix this problem, my computer keeps restarting by its self and this blue screen pops up, why is this?

Any ideas will be great thanks.

The dreaded blue screen. Try this its a good trojan remover.
    Download it from their site. I'm working on a crack for it. D/L it anyway.
    It's a trial version, but fully functioning: [url]http://www.simplysup.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Trait View Post
    I can i fix this problem, my computer keeps restarting by its self and this blue screen pops up, why is this?

Any ideas will be great thanks.
    well heres a great idea. i once had this same problem.. and people kept telling me it was spyware blah,blah.. try this..

check your power supply in the back, is it dirty or dusty?

if the answer is yes and you havent cleaned it regularly then you need a new power supply (the little box in the back of your tower that has the power cable that goes to the ****** in your home)

take it to a tech and tell him you want a new power supply... its worth investing *0bucks i know it was worth it for me
    +=_-Free Kevin!! +=_-

I bet it's a trojan. Or maybe it's dust, how would I know.
    Last edited by Tito; 05-02-2007 at 07:35 AM.

Seeing as the topic of blue screens has come up, what does it mean when you get a blue screen and it starts dumping memory? I have had this happen a few times on my laptop Another time i got a blue screen that said unbootable mount drive or something to that effect. Maybe obvious to some, could someone please elaborate what these errors mean and how to fix them?

Thanxs
    Last edited by beechgal; 05-02-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks for your help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by beechgal View Post
    Seeing as the topic of blue screens has come up, what does it mean when you get a blue screen and it starts dumping memory? I have had this happen a few times on my laptop Another time i got a blue screen that said unbootable mount drive or something to that effect. Maybe obvious to some, could someone please elaborate what these errors mean and how to fix them?

Thanxs
    The blue screen of death is a rather terrifying display image containing white text on a blue background that is generated by Windows operating systems when the system has suddenly terminated with an error.
    [url]www.pdacortex.com/glossary.htm[/url]

Slang used to describe the blue Fatal Exception Error screen that appears after a full blown system crash.
    [url]www.techdirectcomputers.com/Encyclopedia.htm[/url]

The blue screen of death (BSoD) is the screen displayed by Microsoft's Windows operating system when it cannot (or is in danger of being unable to) recover from a system error. There are two Windows error screens that are both referred to as the blue screen of death, with one being significantly more serious than the other.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_screen_of_death
    +=_-Free Kevin!! +=_-

Boot in safe mode. Right Click My Computer and click properties. Click the advanced tab then click the settings button under Start up and recovery and uncheck the box that says automaticallly restart then u can go in and find the virous and delete it.

Are you sure the computer is restarting and not just going into standby/sleep mode? That sounds like what it's doing.

There's a setting that controls how long your computer can sit idle before it starts conserving energy and goes into a lower power-consuming state, such as standby, sleep or hibernate. When you activate the computer again (usually by jiggling the mouse or pressing a key on the key***rd), by default you're presented with the login screen and are required to sign in again.

It's advantageous to use these settings as apposed to exiting out of all your programs and completely turning off your computer each time you walk away for a few minutes, as well as it preventing other people from getting on your account once you've walked away.

Rebooting is one of the best solution for solving your computer restarting problem. this can be done by few simple steps start button on task bar> control panel > uninstall a program. Uninstall all the unnecessary software and follow the instruction given on the screen and after that reboot your machine.
    This is the good tactics of rebooting your system.
    *0% recurring promo code - SOLID PROXIES DISCOUNT ------> Banditim.com/blog/solid-proxies-discount/

i had this problem in the past. strangely, it could be attributed to the power supply being dusty n dirty

could be a hard or software issue. if you are an amateur computer tech, take it to a computer shop

Hello world

COmputer shop all the way

Check the error code associated with the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). In newer versions of Windows this will have a name like 'Error_System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled'.

With a working computer, use your preferred internet Search Engine to search the error code along with the words 'how to fix' or 'what causes' etc.

Chances are it's a reasonably simple error. Occasionally it can be caused by a hardware fault or Mother***rd BIOS settings.

If the simple fix listed online doesn't solve the problem and you're averse to opening up your computer (or warranty is still valid) then consider contacting the manufacturer or a computer repair centre.

+ Reply to Thread