Quote Originally Posted by beechgal View Post
Seeing as the topic of blue screens has come up, what does it mean when you get a blue screen and it starts dumping memory? I have had this happen a few times on my laptop Another time i got a blue screen that said unbootable mount drive or something to that effect. Maybe obvious to some, could someone please elaborate what these errors mean and how to fix them?

Thanxs
The blue screen of death is a rather terrifying display image containing white text on a blue background that is generated by Windows operating systems when the system has suddenly terminated with an error.
[url]www.pdacortex.com/glossary.htm[/url]

Slang used to describe the blue Fatal Exception Error screen that appears after a full blown system crash.
[url]www.techdirectcomputers.com/Encyclopedia.htm[/url]

The blue screen of death (BSoD) is the screen displayed by Microsoft's Windows operating system when it cannot (or is in danger of being unable to) recover from a system error. There are two Windows error screens that are both referred to as the blue screen of death, with one being significantly more serious than the other.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_screen_of_death