hyperic
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to bypass port based virtual LAN

how to bypass port based virtual LAN

Is there any way to bypass port based virtual LAN? or is there any software by which we can spoof port like mac address.

thanks

Question

Be more specific about what it is that you want to know how to do. If the device on the other segregated LAN (vlan) is on the same physical switch then you just need to statically set it's mac address in your ARP table.

Joe Jensen
    Web******
    [URL="http://www.networkbits.net/lan.html"]http://www.networkbits.net/lan.html[/URL]
    Information on LAN's, local area networks, and more...

There is a bandwidth allocation policy in our LAN. My LAN administrator offers three different bandwidth plans of 5*2 kbps, * mbps and 2 mbps speed, and he use mac filtering technique so that no one can access internet using others IP address to get high speed.
    I have 5*2 mbps speed plan. My LAN admin use 2 mbps plan for his personal use. so using the tool "nmap", I got his IP and mac address, and at nights when his PC was off, I changed my IP and MAC address same as his(called spoofing), and access the internet at 2 mbps. But one day he realised that someone(i.e. me) was using his ip and mac address at nights(when his PC was off) to get high speed. So he put his ip on another port(perhaps it is called virtual LAN), Now when I change my IP and MAC, internet does not work. Is there any way to spoof port(like mac spoofing)so that I can access internet even on other port. Is there any way to send packets to other ports. my port is 88** and his 88*0, both IPs were on the same port(88**) before. But still both are on the same physical switch.

Thanks
    Last edited by thakurlokesh; 05-05-2007 at 02:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread