ganglia
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Email Spoofing in DOS by Moonbat

Email Spoofing in DOS by Moonbat

Well, let's get started then. Well in order to fake (spoof) an email, you first need to have an SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server that you can use to send the email from. How do you find one? Simple

First decide what server you want to use to send email from, for this example I will use Hotmail. Now go to Start --> Run --> Type the word 'cmd' without the '

Now that you have DOS open, type the following command:

nslookup -querytype=mx hotmail.com

You can replace hotmail.com with whatever site's mail servers you want to use. Anyway, when you execute that command, the following output comes out:

Code:
    Non-authoritative answer:
    hotmail.com     MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mx2.hotmail.com
    hotmail.com     MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mx*.hotmail.com
    hotmail.com     MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mx4.hotmail.com
    hotmail.com     MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mx*.hotmail.com
    The SMTP servers are mx2.hotmail.com, mx*.hotmail.com, etc. Now, for the next part of the tutorial, I will be using mx2.hotmail.com.

Now, let's get started spoofing the actual email! You still have DOS open right, good. Now type the following command to connect with Hotmail's SMTP server. You can replace the server name with your preferred server.

telnet mx2.hotmail.com 25

You will see whatever welcome message they give. Now type the following command:

HELO

You'll get a message, usually with your IP. Now the next command shows what email you want to pretend to be sending from. I'll use the fake email [email]lala@lala.org[/email]

MAIL FROM: [email]lala@lala.org[/email]

You should get a 250 OK. Now we will type a command to choose who we want the email to go to. I will use the fake email [email]blah@blah.com[/email]

RCPT TO: [email]blah@blah.com[/email]

Now you get another 250 OK. Now we will start the actual message. Type:

DATA

Then type your message. Be sure to add title headers, like Subject, To, From, etc. so the email looks real. After you are done typing the email, press Enter, then type a . then press Enter again. Your email has been sent!

Now type quit to end the connection to the server.

That's all for now, hope you learned something!
    ~Moonbat

i cant conect telnet mx2.hotmail.com 25

Worked for me:

Code:
    $ telnet mx2.hotmail.com 25
    Trying 65.54.244.40...
    Connected to mx2.hotmail.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 bay0-mc6-f*5.bay0.hotmail.com Sending unsolicited commercial or bulk e-mail to Microsoft's computer network is prohibited. Other restrictions are found at http://privacy.msn.com/Anti-spam/. Violations will result in use of equipment located in California and other states. Sun, 7 Oct 2007 07:52:26 -0700
    The most likely case is that you have a shitty ISP that blocks all connections on port 25. I'd consider switching to an ISP that allows you to use the service you've paid for in whatever way you desire.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

mike i cant conect maybe i am with windows2000 but i have and * question can we conect via telenet to hotmail ibox mesages (can we read the leters) thnx for reply

Quote Originally Posted by sbitius View Post
    i have and * question can we conect via telenet to hotmail ibox mesages (can we read the leters) thnx for reply
    Unfortunately for you, no. Messages are retrieved on an entirely different port and protocol to SMTP (the standard is port **0 for POP*, or port *4* for IMAP), and to read messages from someone's inbox, you need their password.

ok mike what about if i try to read my mesages i make uestion for me not to read others messages o i need to know can we read our messages in hotmail via telnet so can you or read your hotmail leters via telnet have your trey that thnx for answer mike

Quote Originally Posted by sbitius View Post
    ok mike what about if i try to read my mesages i make uestion for me not to read others messages o i need to know can we read our messages in hotmail via telnet so can you or read your hotmail leters via telnet have your trey that thnx for answer mike
    Not in standard Hotmail accounts, since they only provide webmail (no SMTP, POP or IMAP access).

If you have an email provider that gives you access to these services, yeah, you could read your messages via POP or IMAP if you connected to the port they use and issue the right commands (according to the protocol) to read/manipulate your emails.

I don't really see the point though, apart from looking badass reading your emails through telnet.

hey there. ive been browing around for a couple days now. so i thought id register..

i tried doing this just now. and this is as far as i got.

Code:
    HELO
    250 bay0-mc**-f*8.bay0.hotmail.com <*.4.0.*7> Hello [myip]
    silver@theway.org
    500 Unrecognized command
    how come it came up with the unrec command?

EDIT: ahh i see. i think its cause i missed out the MAIL FROM:
    2nd EDIT: nope... its not cause of that.. im still getting the 500
    Last edited by Gridlock; 11-10-2007 at 03:08 PM.

Code:
    telnet mx*.hotmail.com
    HELO hotmail.com
    MAIL FROM: admin@fbi.gov
    RCPT TO: someone@hotmail.com
    DATA

To: someone@hotmail.com
    Subject: lol

Example, lol

i connected and everything, until it gave me a meesage that hotmail doesnt allow this application for resident IP and dynamic IPs...etc. not exactly word by word, but in the lines of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    i connected and everything, until it gave me a meesage that hotmail doesnt allow this application for resident IP and dynamic IPs...etc. not exactly word by word, but in the lines of it.
    Yeah, I've tried it before and Hotmail only allows mail from static IP addresses. This is because legitimate SMTP servers are almost always going to have a static IP address, and home ISP users won't.

I think most of the other mail services allow mail from all IP addresses.

hi i tried to get smtp server for hotmail but i can't
    when i type nslookup -querytype=mx hotmail.com
    i see [PHP]Server: SpeedTouch.lan
    Address: *0.0.0.**8

*** SpeedTouch.lan can't find hotmail.com: Not implemented
    [/PHP]
    what is problem :S

Wierd. Um, this is a dumb question, but do you have admin privleges on the computer you are using?
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Doesn't look like your router has a DNS server (or redirection) inbuilt.

He could use OpenDNS (208.67.222.222)
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

+ Reply to Thread