mrtg
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows Word Password Help

Windows Word Password Help

A year or so ago I wrote somethings in Word and password protected it. Anyways I cannot remember the password I used and I am wondering if there is a way to go around/hack through the password. They are mine so there is no way of using a Keylogger. Tried Google but I was not really sure what to search for. I did Window Word Password Hack. Hack Password Word. Few others and nothing really came up so I am wondering if there is some way to get through the password because I really would like those documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Seed View Post
    A year or so ago I wrote somethings in Word and password protected it. Anyways I cannot remember the password I used and I am wondering if there is a way to go around/hack through the password. They are mine so there is no way of using a Keylogger. Tried Google but I was not really sure what to search for. I did Window Word Password Hack. Hack Password Word. Few others and nothing really came up so I am wondering if there is some way to get through the password because I really would like those documents.

So you used other software to put a password on the document

Explain Please.
    Before asking Script Kiddie question. Ask your self these questions.

Did i google it? Do i really want this? Do i need this? Why do i need this? Did i do some research on it?

If you get a yes to all those then please post your question. If not dont bother asking your question.
    ............................................................................
    Fusion Trio Hosting. The cheapest hosting plans on the net. [URL="http://www.fusion-trio-hosting.com"]click here to visit our site.[/URL]

I never installed a password protection for windows. I had a password because I was using a laptop that was bought. It was my girlfriends and she never added anything, she got it straight up from Bestbuy, it was an HP. Would Jack the Ripper work magic on this or do I need to know the program that added the password?

You needs this:

[url]http://www.elcomsoft.com/aopr.html[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Seed View Post
    Would Jack the Ripper work magic on this or do I need to know the program that added the password?
    you mean john the ripper... if you can't use the correct name their is no hope for you using the program.
    Last edited by drumgodmaggott; 08-30-2008 at 10:51 AM.

I FIGHT FOR THE ONES WHO CAN'T FIGHT AND IF I LOOSE THEN ATLEST I TRIED

C&a

[url]www.oxid.it[/url]

download cain and abel, cain should rip right through it....

Quote Originally Posted by mid*vildan View Post
    [url]www.oxid.it[/url]

download cain and abel, cain should rip right through it....

To the best of my knowledge, cain and abel has nothing to do with MS Office password recovery. This tool is aimed at totally different targets, such as POP* or NTLM passwords across the network.

BTW, Seed, look at this tutorial:
    [url]http://www.all-nettools.com/articles/how-to-recover-ms-word-2007-password.htm?ref=rev*0222[/url]
    Last edited by MrByte; 08-30-2008 at 04:03 PM.

c&a

if the password has been saved on your system, it may be recovered by Cain. you are right, it is mainly used for network hashing, cracking and brute forcing, but it is suprisingly interesting what you can find on your own system with this tool.

+ Reply to Thread