monit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death threats through a forum (dup account), anyway to tell who it is?

Question Death threats through a forum (dup account), anyway to tell who it is?

The subject basically tells it like it is. I'm getting death threats on a forum ***rd from somebody who's a regular there, but they made a dup. account to hide behind for the threats. I was just wondering how I could go about figuring out who it is? I don't care about the IP address itself, I just wanna know what other accounts this same person uses. Is there any possible way to do it? I read through the IP thread and there's nothing in there for this. I added a reply but I don't think anyones reading that thread anymore, are they? lol I thought I'd make a new thread just in case.

I guess I could make a site that *****s IP, send them there (IF they'll go), get the IP.... and then trace it for city/state and try to figure out what regular lives in the same city/state ??

I'm lost on other ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I might have an idea

Heyy, i might have an idea of what to do

PM me or AIM = Doheenz*4*

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Heyy, i might have an idea of what to do

PM me or AIM = Doheenz*4*
    I PM'd you on here, I don't have AIM in this computer.

Sounds like you encountered an internet tough guy. This shouldn't be a cause for too much concern, since it's likely that he is, in fact, a skinny *2 year old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Candikane View Post
    I guess I could make a site that *****s IP, send them there (IF they'll go), get the IP.... and then trace it for city/state and try to figure out what regular lives in the same city/state ??
    Yes, you could. There are many ways to get IP addresses, and I'm sure most of them have been discussed here.

Email headers, logging embedded images, direct file transfer, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by mike*5* View Post
    Sounds like you encountered an internet tough guy. This shouldn't be a cause for too much concern, since it's likely that he is, in fact, a skinny *2 year old boy.

Yes, you could. There are many ways to get IP addresses, and I'm sure most of them have been discussed here.

Email headers, logging embedded images, direct file transfer, and so on.
    Logging embedded images? I've never known of that one. I use to be pretty computer savvy, but then I had a child and lost my free time LOL How do you go about logging embedded images, or could you point me towards the post talking about it?

Thanks

I'm talking about embedding *x* images in emails/forums, which point to a script on your server which logs IP addresses of all requests.

+ Reply to Thread