Hello,

I am being cyberstalked as are several friends of mine that were once in a support group with me. Long story short, we left the group and started our own groups, and the leader wasn't too happy. He's hacking our websites, trying to hack our computers, all kinds of nasty stuff, and has hijacked my email account and taken over my private egroups with my account (because I was the owner). He's also sending viruses to people who try to join that group with an address spoofed to look like it came from the group. I have seen emails where he brags of doing this kind of stuff. It is definitely him.... Now, my question.... Is there anyway to prove it's him, since he hides behind proxy servers and anonymizers? Is there any way to trace this mess directly back to him?

Also, how does traceroute work (in layman's terms)? Will it actually trace something back to him?

Please pardon my computer illiteracy, and great thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

p.s. I have already tried reporting this mess to any "authorities" that will listen.