cacti
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clueless newbie needs help!!!

Unregistered Guest

Question clueless newbie needs help!!!

Hello there,

I'm hoping that someone here can give me some advice regarding security measures on my PC.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge here regarding PCs and PC lingo!

I have a few questions, but I'm just going to start with this one.

Would it be ok to download two different brands of Security System Discs? The first one that I downloaded says (after scanning for info about my "security risks") that there are some holes in my security system and now I need to download a firewall. So, I went out and purchased a pretty extensive (I think) Security disc that includes an advanced firewall.

Now, before I download it I want to be sure that there will be no problem combining the two different brands on my system. Might they work against one another? I am really clueless.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered!

Unregistered Guest
    You need to be a little more specific about the software you intend to install, any security software you have installed now, and what Operating System you are installing it on.

Unregistered Guest

Wink more info from clueless newbie

You need to be a little more specific about the software you intend to install, any security software you have installed now, and what Operating System you are installing it on.

Okay, sorry about that! I now have System Works by Norton Symantec. I am using two seperate PC's. One is a Hewlett Packard PC with a modem and I use a LAN to connect to the internet via MSN and I have Windows Me on that.

the other is a laptop manufactured by vpr matrix (a BestBuy Company) and on this I have a different MSN dial-up connection to the net and use Windows XP.

The new software that I have purchased but have not yet opened is called SystemSuite Version 4.0 by On*****. It has a lot of the same security measures that Symantec has, except this one has a firewall. So, I'm wondering should I go ahead and download this to compliment my other security measures or should I stick with the same brand and try to find a firewall type security by Symantec?

Whatta ya think?

Thanks again!!

Unregistered Guest
    I'm not familiar with SystemSuite Version 4.0 by On***** but I do use SystemWorks.

I don't know if the On***** program will interfere with SystemWorks or not since they probably do similar things. If it was me I would return it if I could and go with Norton Internet Security. It includes their firewall and has browser privacy and ad blocking features On***** might not have. I know it gets along with SystemWorks.

Unregistered Guest

Smile that's what I'll do

Thanks!!!

Bella

+ Reply to Thread