file auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How possible ?!!!

How possible ?!!!

while i got my hand to this forums
    i want to ask a question about how possible that my connection get slower if it's infrected by Trojan...
    because sometimes i feel like sometimes my connection goes to slow from *8 kps, and sometimes it goes *2kps ((i mean internet downloading rate for sure)) though i used to be 2*0 kps the first time i pluged in my modem ((my connection speed is *.6 MPS ))
    any help and solution ((even if enhancmnet programs or so)) i will be so thankful

My connection usually slows down to dial-up speed if I leave it on for extended periods of time (six hours or so), then I unplug/plug in the power cable, it reboots, and I have reasonable *6mbit speeds. In my case, I think it's due to overheating, but the router OS may have some problems too.

Your problem may be overheating. Try putting the router in a well-ventilated area and make sure the fan ******s aren't blocked. Perhaps place a desk fan above it.

If you're infected with malware, your connection could be slowing while you unwittingly participate in a mass denial-of-service attack on someone's server. Could be anything.

well, i believe mal ware is doing this
    keep having wrning from my anti-virus telling me that am infected with it
    when i try to delete it, it says it's protected and can't be deleted =/

try booting in safe mode, running your virus scan, and deleting it then.

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    try booting in safe mode, running your virus scan, and deleting it then.
    yeah that worked thanks alot

+ Reply to Thread