monit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: encryption: private data

encryption: private data

Hey, New member to the forum, had a look through some threads and found some interesting reads, very intelligent people on this forum, which is why it got me interested in registered with this community. Thanks

And now back to the topic, encryption; sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but id like to ask myself and get replies from people who could help.

I would like to encrypt my hard drive(s) and i would like to know how i could encrypt a usb dongle, (flash dongle).

I have confidential files in a USB Dongle and i would like to secure/encrypt it.

Any pointers?

Thankyou.

For the memory stick and/or files on your hard drive, Truecrypt would probably be a good choice:

[url]http://www.truecrypt.org/[/url]

When I encrypt my files for backup, I tar my home directory then encrypt it with GPG. This is another option, but Truecrypt is easier to use.

Whole-drive encryption is, in most cases, a lot harder to implement. Vista Ultimate includes whole-drive encryption, but on other operating systems there aren't any solutions I know of that don't require tons of tech knowledge.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 09-14-2007 at 03:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread