file access auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Program Too Big To Post

Program Too Big To Post

I spent the night converting a Visual BASIC program into PHP v5.

Not too bad, since I only had PHP 5 for a couple of days.

Tried to post it here, but got a message complaining that it was too long.

Code:
    The text that you have entered is too long (2***6 characters). Please shorten it to *0000 characters long.
    The program is an interactive web page that computes the difference between any two Gregorian dates and times.

You may have seen other programs that perform a similar task, but this is a deluxe version.

If you want to try it out, I saved it as a ZIP file on my web site so it can be downloaded.

No malware of any kind, just a zipped, plain-text PHP 5 source code file and it is only about 8K.

It's a bit long-winded, but that is because it is fully self-contained in a single file, was converted from another language and is loaded with comments. It could be made MUCH shorter if rewritten from scratch in pure PHP and the comments removed, but that's a future project for when I get better at PHP.

If you can't run it, there is working version on my web site that you can play with that is almost identical. The biggest difference being that the web version uses CSS for a neater display.

The ZIP file for download is at:
    [url]http://neoprogrammics.com/difference_between_dates/dbd.zip[/url]

A working copy of the program can be seen at:
    [url]http://neoprogrammics.com/difference_between_dates/[/url]

Just thought someone may find it an interesting toy to play with.

Last edited by JayT; 09-16-2007 at 08:53 AM.
    Oh to be free, so blissfully free, of the ravages of intelligence, there is no greater joy! - The Cweationist's Cweed

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is a good PR firm.
    Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes!

I would've s***ested making two posts, one with the intro to the program, and one with the actual code (two with actual code if needed).

But, a ZIP is good too
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Nice work, as always.

Yo von Fleidermaus vom Mond

Well, the file was about *0k and it was difficult to split it without having to break the program file in the middle, so I decided to post a link to the ZIP, which I thought would be more convenient for the user than having to copy/paste three separate code blocks to merge and recreate the original single file.

Apparently *0,000 characters is the post size limit.

In the future, that program will be greatly reduced in size as my skills improve - and boy, do they need improving!

I'm trying to convert lots of my old math and science notes into interactive web pages that will work like an interactive workbook using live examples with which the user can experiment.

It's a slow process, but it helps me learn PHP faster and that's the main reason I've been breaking my neck over PHP lately.

LOL
    Oh to be free, so blissfully free, of the ravages of intelligence, there is no greater joy! - The Cweationist's Cweed

Cwazy Pwogwammer Me

Quote Originally Posted by mike*5* View Post
    Nice work, as always.

Thanks. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm having fun at it.

Been programming for over 24 hours - I do that a lot. Programming is an obsession. I'm a dues paying, card carrying Geek to the bone.
    LOL

It's beginning to catch up with me. Yawwwwwwwwn - almost.

I'm working at trying to convert my PHP v4 web site into a PHP 5 mirror on my other host in the Netherlands.

At the rate I'm going, PHP will be obsolete by the time I finish.
    LOL

Here's all I've got done so far:
    [url]http://neoprogrammics.info[/url]

My industrial-strength math pages in PHP 4 have to be heavily re-written in PHP 5 before I can use them on the site and that's going to take quite a while. PHP 5 has some strange counterintuitive quirks I'm having trouble adapting to.

On the lighter side:

I've discovered that I can mess with the domain registrar!

Do a WhoIs look up on my other domain

[url]http://whois.domaintools.com/neoprogrammics.com[/url]

Hope I don't get arrested by Herr Bush's Ministerium der Heimatsicherheit for messing around like that. If they drag me away kicking and screaming into the night, never to be heard from again, you'll know why.

LOL

Well, have to get back to my harem - which is being guarded by my faithful Eunuch's operating system.

YadaYada
    Last edited by JayT; 09-16-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    Thanks. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm having fun at it.

Been programming for over 24 hours - I do that a lot. Programming is an obsession. I'm a dues paying, card carrying Geek to the bone.
    LOL
    The most I can handle is about *8 hours without sleep, so I commend your stamina (unless stimulants are involved...).

But you know, sleep deprivation isn't a good habit. See here:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_deprivation#Effects[/url]

I've discovered that I can mess with the domain registrar!

Do a WhoIs look up on my other domain

[url]http://whois.domaintools.com/neoprogrammics.com[/url]

Hope I don't get arrested by Herr Bush's Ministerium der Heimatsicherheit for messing around like that. If they drag me away kicking and screaming into the night, never to be heard from again, you'll know why.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of police forces. People have been known to get arrested for making sarcastic bomb threats online.

Kids: Can you say DUHHH ?

Quote Originally Posted by mike*5* View Post
    The most I can handle is about *8 hours without sleep, so I commend your stamina (unless stimulants are involved...).

But you know, sleep deprivation isn't a good habit. See here:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_deprivation#Effects[/url]
    I don't seem to suffer many bad effects of sleep deprivation. I'm not really deprived since I can sleep any time I wish.

Mother's in law tend to induce similarly alarming symptoms with even greater severity.

Also, I've been an all-night creature since the earth cooled, so I'm used to it from long-term experience.

Strong, sweet tea is my main stimulant. I drink it round the clock. Two teabags per cup, and a pound or two of sugar.

Once I start a programming project, it's hard for me to stop because I love to program.

Never underestimate the stupidity of police forces. People have been known to get arrested for making sarcastic bomb threats online.

Funny you should mention it:
    [url]http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=*6*5225&page=*[/url]

"She claims that it was just art and that she was proud of the art and she wanted to display it."
    Proud to display it ? On her tombstone?

An MIT student? Aren't they suppose to be a tad brighter than average?

She's lucky they didn't shoot first and ask questions later, which is a common impulse when it comes to presumed suicide bombers.

For an MIT student, she seems to have failed her common sense exams.

I nominate her as a candidate for the illustrious Darwin Award.

LOL

Stupidity? The police?

Surely you jest, you unpatriotic sot!

PEKIN, Ill.

88-Year-Old Nun Begins Prison Term

An 88-year-old nun arrested at Fort Benning, Ga., while protesting the Army's School of the Americas reported to prison to begin serving a six month sentence.

Dorothy Hennessey arrived Tuesday at the minimum-security Pekin Federal Prison Camp along with her sister Gwen Hennessey, 68, also a nun from Dubuque, Iowa

[url]http://www.commondreams.org/headlines0*/07*8-0*.htm[/url]

That's disgusting!

Just because she's a nun she gets celebrity treatment? Why not the rock pile like the rest of those evil terrorists like her and her Commie sister?

Send her to Gitmo with the rest of those evil-doers!
    We demand justice!
    Give her an enema! Burn her at the stake! I'll bring the kerosene and the marshmallows.

The person you need is Sister McPhee

Nun Terrorized by Terror Watch

Sister McPhee's chronicle of frustration began in mid-October 200*, after she was stopped at Baltimore Washington International airport on her way to Providence, Rhode Island.

Unable to check in using the airline's kiosks, McPhee handed her driver's license and reservation to an airline employee, who keyed her name into the computer system and then disappeared with her license into an internal door.

When he returned an hour later, he was accompanied by two police officers.

The officers flanked the 62-year-old Dominican nun, one standing with his hand on his gun, the other using a cell phone to run a security check.

Three hours later, having missed two planes, Sister McPhee was cleared to enter the security line, where she was wanded from head to toe with a magnometer.

"This was the beginning of nine months of hell," McPhee said.

[url]http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2005/0*/68*7*[/url]

Good to know the police on the job protecting us from the terror inflicted on us by the Catholic faith and their nuns, those devious agents of raw, unadulterated evil! I always thought their eyes were too close together. A sure sign of criminality!

Who knows how many people those vile, Satanic creatures would have murdered by now if the police in their all-seeing wisdumb hadn't seen the danger and taken decisive action at once.

I can finally RIP with the police protecting me from evil nuns.

God bless Amerika!

Woe to the republic!

I like nuns. They are nice ladies. The priests, on the other hand, are just plain pedos. I think we should round up all the priests in the world and throw them all into a huge pit of thermite and then light it! That'll make me feel better.

Oh, and for good measure, throw in a few dead doggies and rhesus monkeys while they're burning.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Whoa, I come on here and the discussion has turned to nuns and thermite (awesome stuff by the way -- I've seen it in action).

I'm also very late for school.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

+ Reply to Thread