Power Admin
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats The Best Tech School

mike

i have a text editor

but whuts that other thing???

I FIGHT FOR THE ONES WHO CAN'T FIGHT AND IF I LOOSE THEN ATLEST I TRIED

An FTP client. FTP is a protocol used to upload/download files to a server.

In this case, FTP would be used to upload web pages and scripts to your web server's root directory.

Further information can be found on Wikipedia if some of those terms are too ********* (and confusing).
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

Quote Originally Posted by mike*5* View Post

Further information can be found on Wikipedia if some of those terms are too ********* (and confusing).
    ight this is where my knoledge comes in for once lol wikipedia is the worst place to find out info from because anyone can go in and change the info on their and it takes the mods atleast * weeks 2 fix the errors(learned that from a colege study done by my english teacher)

Quote Originally Posted by drumgodmaggott View Post
    ight this is where my knoledge comes in for once lol wikipedia is the worst place to find out info from because anyone can go in and change the info on their and it takes the mods atleast * weeks 2 fix the errors(learned that from a colege study done by my english teacher)
    Nobody is going to waste time to edit articles on Computer Security. The main type of articles where people mess around are the people articles, especially about political persons in power.

If you see specific instructions (i.e. "To do this, step *: ... step 2: ..."), however, I would be wary. But other than that you are fine.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Wikipedia saves every edit into its massive database. When a moderator discovers uninformative edits (offensive, humorous or otherwise), they simply revert back to the previous version. This takes about one minute for them, and they check popular pages regularly (plus, people can report bad edits themselves).

Wikipedia is fine as long as you check the cited sources -- when someone makes a statement on Wikipedia, they are supposed to provide a link to evidence to back up their claims. If they don't cite a source, they are probably talking bullshit.

You can find citations by looking for the superscript [X] links, with X being a number.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 10-04-2007 at 11:54 AM.

ight ill wacth for shit articles and make sure not 2 use them btw how did u become a mod on here did u guys create the site????

ight ill wacth for shit articles and make sure not 2 use them btw how did u become a mod on here did u guys create the site????
    Nope, we happened to be very active members who have knowledge in areas of computers.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

ok then who owns the site???

daniel

i wish i cud do that but the issue is that my mac doesnt have an intel chip so i cant install windows or believe me i wud and u dont come off as an ashole at all

I was an active member for nearly two years, then when I mentioned my interest in modship to D. Parker, he upgraded me to be a moderator.

ok then who owns the site???
    D. Parker is the highest-ranking administrator I've ever PMed, but he has spoken of a web****** that presumably owns this site. The web****** is something of an enigma.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 10-05-2007 at 06:48 PM.

hmm ive herd of d.parker somewhere else

[url]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d*/Redfactionscreen2.jpg[/url]

Never actually played it myself.

+ Reply to Thread