opennms
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats The Best Tech School

Whats The Best Tech School

Ok So I Want To Go To A Good Tech Skool And Become A Computer Programmer...

I Know That Someone Here Went To One So Whats In Your Opinion Is The Best Tech Skool To Go To???

I FIGHT FOR THE ONES WHO CAN'T FIGHT AND IF I LOOSE THEN ATLEST I TRIED

If you want bragging rights, go to MIT or CalTech.

If you want to have uber leetzor programming skills, don't go to a school to learn them. Programming is one of those things you should learn mostly on your own.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Try learning programming in your free time. If you can, you are suitable for a tech school. Programming (and everything it involves) is a very ********* subject, so you've got to be relatively smart to even stand a chance of becoming knowledgeable.

Who here went to a tech school? I'm *6 and haven't had barely any formal education in computers, and I believe Moonbat is also self-taught. Syntax****** perhaps has some qualifications, but he seems to be learning a lot on his own. JayT is most likely a mixture of self-sufficiency and college/university education.

The best programmers/hackers are undoubtedly the ones that are self-taught, regardless of whether they learned everything from scratch or took programming classes and learned after that. Other people's knowledge can only get you so far.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 09-21-2007 at 03:04 AM.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

drumgodmaggott

I would recommend going visit the colleges you would like to attend. Meet with teachers and deans. Know what you are getting yourself into before you dedicate 4-8 years of your life to one school.

The teachers make the world of a difference, not the public reputation of the school. My local college is supposedly one of the best in technological advances and teachings. BS! The teachers do not speak English, and if they do I havnt figured it out yet. I changed my majors from computer engineering to management just because of the teachers in the field.

You are probably young, do not rush. You have forever, and forever is short compared to a temporary hell. So take your time and find the right college.

SyntaX
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/services.php]Speed Up Windows XP[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/ip.php]Get An Ip Address[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/base_converter.php]Base Converter[/url]
    --------------------------------
    [URL=http://www.boninroad.com/syntax******/]Old Site[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.syntax******.info]Comming Soon[/URL]

well i am trying to learn on my own but i dont have much free time at the moment cuz i have band pratice and gigs and i have school

but even if i did learn a lot on my own i would still like 2 go 2 a tech school just so i can ut it on my application for a job cuz i kno it would help

my uncle went 2 mit and is awesome with computers but like he pointed out technology changes everyday and he has been outta the game for a few years so he wouldnt even kno all the stuff that people have came out with so askin him to teach me would be pointless

thats why i joined this forum in hopes that i might learn somethin and i have

i myself couldnt make it into mit cuz of my gpa but i was thinking like itt or virginia tech??

but thank you all i will definetly consider what uve said.

so how did u guys get into programming and learn all of what u know do u guys have any good tips for a pathetic newb????

So your a loser drum playing kid with bad grades wanting to go to a good school? The answer is simple, do you have any *****?
    7h* L**7*57 c4n7 h4ck m*!
    Proud to have quit playing ®µÑȧ©ÅÞË

If you write like a semi-literate boob you will very likely be ignored.
    Writing like a l**t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute l**t*st way to write!
    L0L

Quote Originally Posted by drumgodmaggott View Post
    well i am trying to learn on my own but i dont have much free time at the moment cuz i have band pratice and gigs and i have school

but even if i did learn a lot on my own i would still like 2 go 2 a tech school just so i can ut it on my application for a job cuz i kno it would help

my uncle went 2 mit and is awesome with computers but like he pointed out technology changes everyday and he has been outta the game for a few years so he wouldnt even kno all the stuff that people have came out with so askin him to teach me would be pointless

thats why i joined this forum in hopes that i might learn somethin and i have

i myself couldnt make it into mit cuz of my gpa but i was thinking like itt or virginia tech??

but thank you all i will definetly consider what uve said.

so how did u guys get into programming and learn all of what u know do u guys have any good tips for a pathetic newb????
    ITT wouldn't be a bad option if your grades aren't too good. Have you looked up DeVry?

As to how I got into programming, I actually started out with SCAR scripting trying to make auto-miners and auto-smelters for RuneScape. Yes, I used to play RuneScape, and I still cry every time I remember how much of my life I wasted as a gaymer.

Anyways, after that I started learning languages like HTML and JavaScript so I could learn how to make a website. From there, I started getting into PHP (seeing at how essential is was), and started learning C++ thanks to a free book given to me by a friend.

As I started going more from regular programming into hacking, I kept learning more and more. Just find whatever intrests you and work it. Programming is one of those that you either like it a lot or you hate it with your guts.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

so how did u guys get into programming and learn all of what u know
    For me, too much free time and an underlying interest.

haha smart fool im actually a drummer and guitarist electric and accoustic with ok grades but not good enuff for mit

i usually make c or b but i kno that alone wont be good enuff and i dont have much ***** whoever asked i work for my brother during the summer and make a good amount but most of that goes 2 stuff for school and my family

i kno a litttle about html but not a lot but ill get better if i try i guess

i figured that if i can learn how 2 manipulate ajax codes pretty good then i cud just go from their lol its starting out that sux cuz i dont exactly know where 2 start

[url]http://www.w*schools.com[/url]

The Holy Grail.

thknx moonbat

after all the searching i did on google i didnt find that site idky

Quote Originally Posted by DANIEL2488 View Post
    What the fuck is "manipulating ajax codes"? Ajax isn't a type of programming language. Ajax is just an idea to follow "Web 2.0" paradigms.
    Yeah, put simply it's a concept that allows pages to be interactive and reduces the amount of full-page loads, among other things. It's a method of programming, rather than an independent language.

Asynchronous Javascript And XML -- AJAX.

ADDITIONALLY, 80&#*7; of the time, you will not be able to teach yourself how to program through web tutorials unless you can easily grasp concepts of what you are trying to learn, and you don't get distracted easily.
    This is true. At least for lower-level programming, you have to be pretty smart in the first place to stand a chance of becoming knowledgeable.

I have seen exceptions to this though.

hmmm i thought ajax was a way of coding but thknx for setting me straight lol

well i atleast learning html and when i get my new computer thats actually a pc instead of a mac then ill be able 2 dowload the stuff that i need for making a website and shit like that

well i atleast learning html and when i get my new computer thats actually a pc instead of a mac then ill be able 2 dowload the stuff that i need for making a website and shit like that
    The scripting languages we're talking about are independent of operating system, so you could write a website on a Mac just as easily as on a PC. All you need is a text editor and an FTP client.

Lol. I didnt know you need certain windows "stuff" to make a website!
    7h* L**7*57 c4n7 h4ck m*!
    Proud to have quit playing ®µÑȧ©ÅÞË

If you write like a semi-literate boob you will very likely be ignored.
    Writing like a l**t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute l**t*st way to write!
    L0L

+ Reply to Thread