monitor file activity
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Session Hijacing Theory

Most IP's assigned by ISPs are dynamic, i.e. they will change. For privacy and managability reasons, no records (that I know of) are kept of what IP addresses match up to who and where they live.

I'm sure the proper authorities (FBI, CIA, etc.) have some kind of leet hax that let them ***** Internet vandals so easily, but such technology has yet to fall into my hands.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbat View Post
    I'm sure the proper authorities (FBI, CIA, etc.) have some kind of leet hax that let them ***** Internet vandals so easily, but such technology has yet to fall into my hands.
    Yeah; it goes like this:

Code:
    FBI: *Calls ISP.*
    ISP: "Hello, can I help you?"
    FBI: "FBI here, lol.  Give me all the subscriber info of X person; identified by their IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) being used at hh:mm:ss dd/mm/yy."
    ISP: "Sure; you absolutely don't need a warrant for things like this.  Their address is..."
    FBI: "Thanks."
    ISP: *Hangs up.*
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 11-14-2007 at 03:36 PM.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

I'm gonna try that soon

I dunno if my ISP is insecure like that, but it probably is.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Uh, the "you absolutely don't need a warrant for things like this" part was kind of sarcastic ...

Well, it didn't work anyway, they kept asking me to meet them in person.

Well, it didn't work anyway, they kept asking me to meet them in person.
    What, it's that simple? All they need to release subscriber info is a bullshit meeting with fake FBI-agents?

All you'd need is some fake clothing from an online-store like this, for example:

[url]http://www.army-surplus.co.uk/[/url]

WIth that, you'd need a very basic fake-ID.

It's very possible -- people usually obey those in authoritative clothing.

I'm only *6, but in a couple of years I imagine I could pull this off (or ask an older person to do this for me now).

Quote Originally Posted by mike*5* View Post
    What, it's that simple? All they need to release subscriber info is a bullshit meeting with fake FBI-agents?

All you'd need is some fake clothing from an online-store like this, for example:

[url]http://www.army-surplus.co.uk/[/url]

WIth that, you'd need a very basic fake-ID.

It's very possible -- people usually obey those in authoritative clothing.

I'm only *6, but in a couple of years I imagine I could pull this off (or ask an older person to do this for me now).
    I doubt it'd be that simple. After them saying the whole "lets meet in person" thing, I just said some stuff about having the get authorization from my supervisors to meet with them.

I'm sure though, that they would ask me to give documents and crap, which I can't fake, because I don't know what they look like

I doubt it'd be that simple. After them saying the whole "lets meet in person" thing, I just said some stuff about having the get authorization from my supervisors to meet with them.

I'm sure though, that they would ask me to give documents and crap, which I can't fake, because I don't know what they look like
    Hmm...

I'm not sure on this, but I think when dressed in authoritative clothing and when dealing with corporate-robots, it is definitely a possibility.

Never underestimate the power of human curiosity. They will poke and pry until all of their internal security checks are met. Only then will they spill the beans.

Often times with senior citizens, taking the authoritative approach makes them apprehensive and can ruin a SE opprotunity.

+ Reply to Thread