Power Admin
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Could I Make This Work?

Hybrid View

Hm, I never knew that the actual files were sent over port 20. I learned something new today!
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

I knew there was something to do with port 20... i am in a Cisco Discovery class at my school so i knew i saw it somewhere

ftp goes through port 2* not 20 ?
    where do u guys see files going through 20 ?

thanks

According to most sources I've read, the FTP session is begun and ended through port 2*, and the actual files are sent over port 20. Google it up, you'll get the same thing.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

Yes Moonbat is correct but I'll you need to know is to connect to port 2*. This will be about as useful as when you tried to brute force your way into someones forum account. Not to mention I'm sure your not using anything to hide your ip. Trust me all your connection attempts will be logged. Besides that your only hope is probably trying for something like an ftp bounce attack (very old and may not work) or metasploiting your way in. Unless your a spammer or just want to cloak your email you wont need the bounce attack. For the metasploit project you'll want nmap to detect what services, and versions they have running. Then search metasploit for the exploit. Good luck but I wouldn't try to hard. But from there what would you do? That require much more knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread