rrdtool
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Machine behind firewall

Machine behind firewall

How would go about getting the IP of a machine that hides behind a firewall , and if possible connect to that machine via telnet without having it be noticeable by the target machine

Trying to connect to a machine without the target machine noticing is like trying to shake someone's hand without the other person noticing. You can install a backdoor to bypass this problem, but that'll involve having access to the machine (or getting the victim to install it himself).

As for getting the IP, that shouldn't be a problem. If the target machine is a server for a website, just do a WHOIS on the website. As for a personal computer, you can get the person to click on a site that'll log their IP. There are many ways to go about this.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

machine

machine is not server , trying to scan packets so I can analize them and also know when its online, anyway to enter machine via open port ? what program is best for this type of application ?

thanks

If the machine is running a firewall, you have virtually no chance of getting in. Just because a port is open doesn't mean it accepts outside connections.
    "Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." -Karl Marx

firewall

Is there not a way to get around the firewall ? how about the packets that are coming from the router ? can those be recieved and analized ?

You can't run a remote packet sniffer because you can't sniff packets on a network you aren't connected to, it's that simple.

Think about it in terms of real life. You can't read someone's letters in their mailbox (their packets) if you aren't close enough to their mailbox (i.e. connected to the network) to grab the letters.

As for getting around the firewall, I couldn't tell you much unless I knew what kind of firewall the target is running.

target machine

I know evrything there is to know about it eg. brand of router type of anti virus, and the OS , if I got close enought to the router could I use something like wire shark to be able to sniff the pass and address. then eventually connect to the machine. also do I need to connect to the machine itself if I am connected to the router ?

You could either physically connect your computer between two ethernet cables, or crack their wifi network and sniff data.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

+ Reply to Thread