windows auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: n00b has ???'s

n00b has ???'s

yes im new to proxies but thru playing around with jap jondo ive figured out a little but what i need to know is why when im connected to a proxy does it slow my connection down? i have wireless cable internet and its fast when im not usin * but when i do it slows down drastically and some proxy servers wont even load pages. i guess my ?? would be how do i pick or tell which server may work better than the other. i dont mind paying for a service but i at least dont really want to sacrifice that much speed. second ? is if im using wireless the server still covers my real ip right? i think so but im not sure. and finally if im using a proxy on my laptop and my g/f is online on the same router does it cover her ip as well since its a diff mac address? thanks in advance!

btw this is a useful program if youve never heard of it. *75 tools in * program...FREE!

users.pandora.be/ahmadi/nettools.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew2505 View Post
    yes im new to proxies but thru playing around with jap jondo ive figured out a little but what i need to know is why when im connected to a proxy does it slow my connection down?
    Because it's like sending a letter to France via Taiwan.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

well ive tried a few and 2 of them were in the us. the 2 in the us i tried didnt even want to connect while the ones in other countries were just slower. oh well maybe ill find * thats not quite as slow...maybe not. thanks anyway mike.

+ Reply to Thread